Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Yesterday's fun....

I had looked forward to Tuesday for awhile.  This is my usual bridge playing day, and I hadn't been with the group since December 11!  For most of them, December 18 was the last day they played! 

Well, we had 23 who came!  That means we had five full tables, with one table that needed to have a "roving" player.  That is usually accomplished by the "dummy" from one of the other tables coming to the table of three just for bidding purposes.  Everyone seemed happy to see one another!  There was a lot of talking for us to do.:-)

Following bridge, a group of us went out to eat lunch, continuing the talking there!:-)  When I left the restaurant, I looked up to this sky....

Some white clouds....

After a couple of days of sunshine, there is a chance of rain in our forecast once again!

The temperatures here warmed nicely, and I was even able to shed my coat for the afternoon.

There was something else I did on Tuesday.  That will be the subject of the next blog!

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. I think that there's no prettier place than E TN, with the different cloud formations and changeable weather. It always keeps us on our toes, just waiting for the next front to roll through, and our mountains sometimes protect us from the worst. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for us tomorrow! Have a beautiful day, in spite of the rain that might come later. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful sky in the photo Nellie. Good job!

    I am glad you enjoyed your day of bridge. sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was quite a fun day indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I have always wanted to learn to play bridge. I had a dear friend that used to play and have ladies in , once every two weeks or so. Oh yes, these pretty skies have been uplifting.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could use a fun day like that!!
    and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty sky picture.
    I've never learned how to play bridge. Sounds like a nice way to get out and meet with friends. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how to play bridge, but I can be a dummy without any effort.

    It's still yucky here... and raining.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you had fun at bridge. It is great so many showed up. Can't wait to hear what else you did. It must have been legal because I didn't hear your name on the police scanner- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete