Thursday, January 3, 2013

Waiting....

Happy Thursday to you!  Does it seem that this first week in 2013 is passing quickly?

Many of you who follow this blog have already had a snowfall.  In fact, some of you may already be counting the days until spring.:-) 

Here, we have yet to even see a flurry.  So, I have lined up the best I can do for snow.

Ready.....

.......and waiting.

From my years as an elementary teacher, I remember we always returned from our holiday time ready to make snowflakes as part of the room decoration.  Sometimes they were the only ones we would see during the winter.  From those years, I continue to bring out my collection of snowmen for January.  I don't have that many of them, but they really do seem to encourage that feel of winter.:-)

The art above the mantle is a piece that was done by Country Girl when she was in West Yorkshire in 1996.  She was at the Bretton School of Art for the first semester of her senior year when she was in college. 

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. no snow yet? bummer! ours will probably melt next week when the warmer weather moves in. i sure hope we see more of it this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am counting the days until Spring. In fact I can't believe its only Jan 3.......this month is sooooo long.
    LOL I'm winter weary. Can ya tell??

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your snowmen! and sentimental too! we dont have enought snow for a snowman but its cold enough! a warm 1 above today... enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started bringing out the snowmen in Jan a few years ago. So hard to go from Christmas to nothing and it was too soon for Valentine's decor. So snowmen it is. Yours are very cute.
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious way to transition, from Christmas decorations!!!! And bypass that "so bare look."

    Oh yes, we have snow. And now we have very cold temps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet little snowmen- they are better than NO snow! I have a love/hate relationship with the snow. I love it from inside looking out but not being out IN it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you can imagine, we're ready for lots of the white stuff. We need to keep our temps cold in order to enjoy our outdoor ice rink. Love your snowman collection. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also love your snowmen! They are always such happy characters, and I have a snowflake shirt that I refuse to put away with the other Christmas shirts, at least till the end of January! :-) Country Girl is quite talented, and I would love to see more of that picture! :-) Oh, we actually did have a VERY slight dusting of snow this past Sunday morning...about enough to cover the roofs of houses nearby and to make clearing the windshield interesting, since there was a thin layer of ice underneath! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't get much of the white stuff around here, so when we do, it's pretty exciting... as long as we don't have to drive in it. People around here have no idea how to do that safely. Everything grinds to a halt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your snowmen are cute.

    I don't like snow because it is usually accompanied by ice. This makes driving tough. We have a layer of snow on the ground now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute snowman collection you have!!

    I don't feel like its gone by so fast. It seems like Christmas was a long time ago to me. Maybe because I put everything away a few days after.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie, I just put my collection of snowmen away as we have more than enough snow on the ground but it's really too cold to make snowmen with it. I could send you some and I would not even miss it.

    I love your snowmen collection.

    Wishing you all the best for the New Year.
    JB

    ReplyDelete