Monday, August 11, 2014

Find your red slippers....

We're heading down the Yellow Brick Road! 

First, let's see where these characters take us....

Are we still in Kansas?

And - it was off on a walk around campus before enjoying this:




Wasn't this clever?  Are you able to enlarge the menu that was at our places?

After dinner, it was off to Abingdon!


What a fabulous way to close out our first whole day at More Than A Vacation!

I actually once lived in Abingdon a number of years ago.  I can't remember if I've mentioned that earlier.  Barter Theater has presented some amazing productions through the years.  If you are looking for a good vacation spot, you won't go wrong with Abingdon!

I hope you have had a good week-end and are looking forward to a good week ahead.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, how well I remember your Abingdon days! It was a very quiet little town back then, before the Interstate system brought the world to its doors, and the downtown area is still quaint and alluring. Barter is a wonderful theater, and I'm amazed by the productions they have tackled! The table settings were really cheerful, and I'm sure everyone had a great time! Have a
    marvelous Monday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead dessert. Was that a Ding Dong, or something similar?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really looks like a fun time. Too bad you didn't get pictures of your house.
    I still want those red shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun. My question is the same as Mrs. A. What's for dessert?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure the menu tasted great. lol.
    It must have been fun. I love a musical.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun theme for this event! The costumes were great--I especially liked the Wizard! The actor that played that role in the movie, Frank Morgan (aka Wupperman) was buried in Green-Wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, NY where I did volunteer work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen THE movie, but I saw lots of animated movies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen THE movie, but I saw lots of animated movies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never seen THE movie, but I saw lots of animated movies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great theme and looks like a lot of fun.

    My TeaTime came today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nellie , What a fun time you are having .I could go for some Scarecrows' Cornbread salad and Emerald City Greens .
    Thanks for taking us along on your trip .
    Enjoy !!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would have enjoyed that I wish I had red shoes:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw The Wizard of Oz Ballet last summer in Lexington and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my what a fun time you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete