Saturday, August 23, 2014

Taking a look around....

....to see if I might glimpse some signs of fall.....

....while this continues to give us beautiful summertime blossoms!

Can it be true?  Is this "Burning Bush" changing color?!?  Yes!

And - across the street, in the neighbor's front yard, I am able to see this:

This dogwood tree is one of the most beautiful sights in fall.

If these images are not convincing, I found these:

Doesn't this just have "fall" written all over it?

And this one, regardless of the lack of holiday-related images on the cover, tells me that it is time to begin that Munchkin the Second shopping! :-)

Do you think she will be able to find anything in this one that "tickles her fancy?":-)

The week-end is here, and I hope you have some good plans for this Saturday.  It is expected to be a hot and rainy (possibly) one here!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm SURE you will find something for that darling little Munchkin! My problem is that I find TOO much for our grands, then I have to whittle my list down to fit my budget! Have a super Saturday, Sister! Oh, and we haven't noticed any signs of fall yet here, but I'm looking forward to some cooler temperatures. We've been spoiled this summer, and I'm not enjoying these near-90s!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, that is looking a bit fall like around your area. I love the cover of that magazine. Your little Munchkin will wear the pages out on that catalog.:):) Hope your day is pretty. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been anywhere to check, but I haven't seen any signs of change in my yard, yet. We usually see the changes long after you are seeing them. I AM ready for some cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Munchkin is a lucky girl if she gets an American Girl. They are the neatest dolls. Makes me feel like I'd like to go through childhood again. Yes, I could still collect them, but with no grandchildren to inherit, it's better I don't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, I've been watching Fall sneak into our neighborhood, and just yesterday I experienced my first-of-the-season sighting of falling leaves. What a lift to my spirit! Although it's been a fairly mild Summer, I am ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure enjoyed my 'Tea Time' : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. No use to deny it, Falls is coming along and giving us some fair warning of it's coming with cool nights and foggy morning and the Pee Gee Hydrangeas turning a pinkish hue up the street.

    This weekend I'm just getting into my usual routine again since my August visitors left early this morning.
    Have a great weekend.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful signs of Fall, I have never saw that Magazine, wow, thats lovely, they both are, its hot and humid here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the burning bush - I love them! The beautiful red in autumn. They are said to be invasive, but others tell me it's not hard to keep them trimmed and under control.

    ReplyDelete