Friday, August 29, 2014

Friday's book....

Friday has arrived!  Has it been a busy week for you?  Are you anticipating some enjoyable things for this three-day week-end?

For a change, the book I have selected for today is this one!


Those of you who know my family may wonder why I made this choice when I registered with Blogging For Books.  My family is liberally "peppered" with vegetarians, so this doesn't seem like something for consideration, does it?  I was quite taken by the picture on the front, noticeably prepared in that iron skillet, and that's really what influenced my decision.

For more information about the availability of this book and the author, try Here or Here

The first thing I did when I began thumbing through the book was run to the freezer to take out the package of lamb chops I had there!  That took care of the decision about dinner! Then, as I continued examining the book, I realized there was a gold mine of recipes that a vegetarian would enjoy!  Creamy Corn-Blue Cheese Polenta, Cassoulet-Stuffed Red Peppers, Sweet Potato Galette, Dijon-Creamed Spinach - these are just a few of the delectable choices for vegetarians!  If that is not enough, try the Roast Fingerling Potatoes and the Warm Arugula Salad!  I can hardly wait to try them all!  I know there will be some new favorites here.

Of course, I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Pan-Seared Pork Tenderloins, Turkey Kabobs, Pork Loin Roast, and Five-Spice BBQ Pulled Pork.  These are only a few of the meat recipes included.

There is also a section of one-pot favorites.  Try the Shepherd's Pie Cupcakes or Rahm's Childhood Corn Chip Pie!  There are enough ideas to create one meal a week for the year!

I received this book by Blogging for Books for this review.  The opinions are my own.  It is a choice I am really glad I made!

I am linking today with this site.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.





15 comments:

  1. Ooooooo!!! That sounds like a marvelous cookbook! Even though we already have more than we need, it seems that there is always something new to enjoy! Have a fabulous Friday, Sister, and happy cooking! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great book, the cover is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used my cast iron skillet in years... I can't lift the darn thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a recipe book from back in the days when I was a full fledge carnivore. Now I am more like a failed vegetarian and almost complete peschetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie , your choice was great ,you can't miss any family member .
    Have a wonderful happy and safe Labor Day , from my family to yours . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book has a wide variety of choices, doesn't it? Thanks for the interesting review.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like lots of great recipes to try in that book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, another book that sounds good. I'm hungry now after reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a recipe clipper fanatic and they accumulate in ziplock bags in a drawer, lol and I collect recipe books and I don't have time to try any of them. I live to try new recipes and I keep hoping someday. haha. Of course that book is appealing to a recipe book junkie like me.

    Enjoy your new cook book.
    Hugs, JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great site. I received a wonderful cookbook from them, too, and will be blogging about it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cook books are always great inspirations for meals otherwise you end up cooking the same old thing week in and week out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to learn to cook - not out of necessity as my wife is a culinary genius, more as a means of self-improvement and better understanding of the world. I am also a shameless carnivore so that cover's pretty amazing. Those are lamb chops, aren't they? We're big fans of lamb at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, how cool that your first (It was your first, wasn't it?) book choice from Blogging for Books was a cookbook. So was mine. And I loved my pick, too. Yours sounds just as yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The look of that book makes my mouth water. Yummy! I am a huge lover of lamb. I have not requested a cookbook yet but I think that might be next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete