Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More from Meadowview....

Somewhere in the countryside around Meadowview, Barbara Kingsolver lives with her husband, a professor at Emory and Henry, and her daughters.  They have made a positive impact on this small village.

This is looking down the main street of Meadowview going across the railroad tracks.  Our group at lunch in the second building on the left.  The Husband and I enjoyed sitting out on the second floor porch with a few other people.


The first building on the left houses The Harvest Table, a restaurant operated by Barbara and her husband.  There is also a "general store" in the part of the building nearest to you in the picture.

This tells about the sheep they raise on their farm.

Some of the yarn was available in the general store!


The menu as it appears.


Are you able to see some of the choices?  The philosophy for the restaurant is to serve seasonal items, obtained from local sources.  There is a mileage radius that is considered local, and I should know what it is, but I don't.:(

The Husband and I have eaten here before, but on this day, we had box lunches prepared at Emory and Henry.
Along with bottled water, it was a good lunch to enjoy on that upper porch!

Now, we are getting back on the road to head further down I-81!  Be sure to fasten your seat belt!  More in a later post!  This is going to take awhile!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.


14 comments:

  1. That looks like a most charming place! I have driven through Meadowview but have never stopped there. Perhaps another trip is in order? Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister! See you in a few hours! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great tour! I'm a big fan of Barbara Kingsolver's books and would love to visit the Meadowview area. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be curious to know how old those building are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, That looks like a place to get good food. Sitting outside to eat is fun too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed this post. She is one of my favorite writers and especially enjoyed "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures. Why does the one of the wool makes me feel all warm?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the baskets of yarn.
    What a lovely little town, reminds me of where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great that the restaurant serves local food. Love the basket of blue and white yarn.

    HUgs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. This would be a fun place to visit. I love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This work in the village is new to me and now I admire the author even more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun you are having! Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a wonderful trip, Nellie!
    Traveling is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I would love to have lunch up on that porch! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete