Thursday, August 28, 2014

The new one is underway....

Thursday already!  Whew!  The week is really passing quickly!

Our new chorus season is underway.  There have already been three rehearsals.  We are ever hopeful that the temperatures will be cooperating, and we will be able to call this our "fall season.":-)

I want to share some of the songs we are rehearsing with you.

First, there are these fall standbys.






Are these familiar to you?  When the season begins to change from summer, these songs generally come to mind.

This is one that was new to me.


There are a few sections to this one that are a little tricky to learn.

We are not all seriousness, of course, and this will be part of our program.


Do you remember when this song was first aired?  It will join standbys like "Rocky Top" and "Football Hero."  We have to be sure to have room for those "Big Orange" favorites!

Then, there will be these two that will lead us into thoughts of that November holiday!


I do prefer my turkey, having roasted in the oven, sliced and on a platter, however.:-)



This is a favorite of mine, and I am glad the director has included it in our program.  We will also be singing the "Armed Forces Medley."  

So - we will have some packed rehearsals in order to learn this music.  There are eight dates for performances on the calendar!  We will be finished with them before Thanksgiving, which will give us December off for all THAT month holds.  No word yet on our costume for this one.  We have accessorized with red boas to sun visors, but I don't think those are in the mix for this season.:-)

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that music, and I hope your group will be somewhere that I can come to see and hear you this season! You ladies have such a great blend, and that touch of humor is always there to make sure everyone has a good time. Have a tremendous Thursday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember some of them, sounds like you are in for some fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that would be so much fun to listen to but singing has to be the best. I am not to familiar with the first three but the others I love.
    I hope today is a wonderful day.
    I am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great selections! I recognize all but one and I might know that one if I heard it, but not by the song title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I know none of these songs, shame on me. I love some of the titles, and the title of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Purple People Eater. : ) I remember that one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was visiting your blog and my daughter arrived so I had to leave it but I've been humming Autumn Leaves ever since. I just can't get it out of my head, lol. Yes I remember several songs from the program.

    Have fun singing with your choir.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete