Wednesday, February 27, 2013

More of the same....

Happy Wednesday to everyone!  It is that mid-week point for all of us.  Are you having a good week?

As promised, here is the second installment for the dessert tray next Tuesday.

Ready to bake!

Out of the oven.

Glaze added.

This recipe comes from a Land O' Lakes butter box from a couple of years ago.

FROSTED LEMON COOKIES
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/1/2 teaspoons cream of tarter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl.  Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls two inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven for six to eight minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
GLAZE
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine all glaze ingredients in small bowl; stir until smooth.  Frost warm cookies with glaze.  Sprinkle with grated lemon peel, if desired.
5 dozen cookies (I had a few more)

These are also waiting in the freezer for Monday night!

Next post - just spotted!

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. I just had breakfast and both of your posts make me want to eat all over again. I haven't baked in a while and seeing your wonderful food makes me want to get in there and bake away.
    I bet it smells nice. I just picked a bowl full of lemons so that would work with those lovely cookies.
    Thanks Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great addition to those lovely mint sticks from yesterday! I'll stick with the chocolate, if you don't mind! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie, thanks for your comment on my blog. I somehow lost connection with you and I'm adding you on my reader list.

    I love lemon cookies and I'll bookmark this page for when I go home. They sure sound good with a hot cup of tea or coffee on a stormy day like today.

    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything with lemon flavoring. These cookies sound really good. I think I will come to that lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nellie...those cookies look so good! I always classify myself as a Cookie Monster! since I LOVE cookies! Smile...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yummmmm!

    And I'm sure that butter, makes them delicious.

    But, that butter, is why I couldn't eat them.

    Such is life!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look lovely. I love lemon. Not really a fan of frosting though but I bet they are great naked ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love anything with lemon. Since I just got some lemons from my in-laws, gotta give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything with lemon. Since I just got some lemons from my in-laws, gotta give these a try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like cookies with a glaze on them. Makes them a bit more special. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy, I love lemon cookies, and I love baking with Land O'Lakes butter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a lemon fan. EVERYTHING lemon is my personal fave. OH that looks SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Nellie. Your treats all sound great! HOW do you keep from eating them?

    Thanks for all your visits and comments, too. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now I really want a lemon cookie and it is almost 11pm here-not gonna happen! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. My mother is always looking for new cookie recipes when she hosts her quilting group. I'm sending her to this blog post! Yum!

    ReplyDelete