Thursday, August 29, 2013

A "first time" experience....

Happy Thursday to you!  At this point the week-end is in sight - and - it is a week-end that may be longer than usual for many of you!  Do you have some exciting plans for the holiday?

On Tuesday, I had a "first time" experience.

New in our town!

Decor greeting us as we entered the door.

Available seating on an outdoor patio.

This was the lunch portion!

There were eleven retired teachers from my former school who met for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  This was my first time ever to eat there!  Have you eaten at The Cheesecake Factory before?  It is a very popular spot, and there have been reports of LONG waiting times for seating.  We arrived right at noon, and our wait was about 30 minutes, so it wasn't too bad.

My salad has chopped apple, chopped orange, and chopped chicken under that wonderful mound of arugula on top!  There was also some Feta cheese sprinkled around.  I thought this was a very generous serving for a lunch size portion.  I'm sure the dinner portion would be too large for me!

Of course, there were those who ordered that trademark dessert - cheesecake - but I passed that up this time.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.







16 comments:

  1. we have those here too. i really don't like them but was recently persuaded to eat there and ordered tortilla soup for the first time ever. i fell in love with it so it made the trip to the cheesecake factory worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never eaten at the Cheesecake Factory before. I must do that sometime soon. They have one about an hour from here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been blessed with several trips to a Cheesecake Factory, both in Atlanta and to the new one in your town. I have always found their portions to be MOST generous, with plenty to take home for another meal. I also lack the self-control that you have, so dessert always finds its way to my table, but not always cheesecake. They have a HUGE chocolate cake that is SO rich that I had to bring part of that one home, too! Glad you ladies had a good day, with a relatively short wait for a table. That salad looks magnificent! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it. We'll have to meet you two again over there for lunch. We haven't been to that one yet--but we have been to the one in Nashville.. When we ate at the one in Nashville, we were meeting a friend who needed a gluten free dinner.. They had it there..

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that the Cheesecake factory had food too.
    Good for you passing up on the cheesecake.
    I bet your blueberry cake tasted better anyway. I am glad you had a nice time though. We don't have one of those in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks huge but delicious. I would have passed the cheesecake too but I wouldn't have been able to resist a pecan pie if it was offered. It's my weakness. lol...

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've eaten cheesecake from there, but never actually eaten at one. That salad looks good... and big! I wouldn't be able to eat that and have room for dessert, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful salad. It's been years since I've eaten at the cheesecake factory. How fun to meet with former coworkers for a lovely lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cheesecake is the best, white chocolate with macadamia crust I usually will share an entree or go straight for the desert!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I've eaten there many times. There were two very near to where I used to live.
    Up here there are none so I guess I won't be eating in one any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We fell in love with this restaurant in Atlanta! Sadly, they have removed the dish my husband and I so loved. It was a Thai Chicken Pasta that was amazing! I looked at the salads last time I was there and went with a pasta dish instead. I kept wishing I had ordered the salad with the cashews in it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie .. we have a Cheesecake Factory here and the food is delicious , we can also order carryouts . Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. There is a Cheesecake Factory a few blocks from my daughter's house in Milwaukee (about 2 hours from our house). The portions are huge so we always end up with a 2nd meal-which makes it a reasonable price when you get two meals out of it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funny you posted about the Cheesecake Factory. We have a gift certificate that was given to us for Christmas and haven't used it yet.

    Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh you lucky "girl", Nellie. I've always wanted to try The Cheesecake Factory. Perhaps one day. I'm sure a delicious time was had by all:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like Cheesecake Factory a lot. There's not one near me, so it's a vacation treat.

    ReplyDelete