Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Road trip continues....

Tuesday already!  Did you have a good Monday? 

I have been reliving our time at More Than A Vacation at Emory and Henry for the past several days.  Today, our road trip continues.

In the last post, we were at the former Lutheran Training School.  From there, we went a short distance to the Konnarock Community Center.

Beautiful scenery.

Plaque identifying the building.

Gazebo on the property.

Entertained by a guitar maker

Examples of his work.

Another example.

You may have heard of the guitar maker.  His name is Gerald Anderson, and he entertained us with his music.

A couple of his CDs came home with me. They will become gifts.:-)

We were served lunch here before we continued on the other part of our road trip.  That will be part of another day's post.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. I have not heard of Mr. Anderson, but I'm sure his work is excellent! This place also looks quite relaxing, and I love the fact that there is a ramp at the gazebo so those with mobility issues may have an easier time getting there. Another beautiful piece of scenery, too! I'll look forward to your next entry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the gazebo!
    I haven't heard of Gerald Anderson.
    Yesterday was a great day. I got my clothesline put up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, that would be so interesting, learning about the making of guitars. The grounds of the campas are clean and manicured....so nice. Hope your day is blessed. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you are having a very nice time. What a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am having a guitar made for the blog tech right now by a guy from new zealand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My boys would find the guitar-making quite interesting.

    That first photo reminds me of my NC property that I never get to see. *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. You had a nice Monday. I enjoyed the pictures and it's good to know you enjoyed Gerald's music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The guitar making sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nellie , you are having a great time... I am enjoying your trip , parts of the country I may not ever see and thinks for sharing with us . :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I play guitar and I would have LOVED seeing the guitar maker! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for taking me along. I'm not familiar with the area in which you're traveling and it's great to visit along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of him but it would be interesting to see such a craftsman work.

    ReplyDelete