|Fresh blueberries from our garden.|
|Cake ready for the oven.|
|Turned out of the pan! Oops! Looks a little rough, but that didn't affect the flavor!:-)|
GLAZED LEMON BLUEBERRY CAKE
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for baking pan
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 1/2 Tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
2 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup freshly squeeed lemon juice
3 Tablespoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch tube or Bundt pan; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl. Add buttermilk and dry ingredients to the butter mixture in three additions, alternating, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the the center come out clean and the cake has begun to pull away from the sides of the pan. Move pan to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, and the lemon juice and zest until smooth; set aside.
- Invert the cake onto a rack. Prick the surface numerous times with a fork. Brush the glaze over the surface of the warm cake, and cool to room temperature. Store wrapped in plastic for up to 2 days at room temperature. Serves 10 to 12.
Well, it is Wednesday already. This is the day to announce the winner of the copy of Mental Floss magazine. And - the winner is - Keith, the Optimistic Existentialist! Keith, if you want to claim your giveaway, send me an email with your information, and I will have Mental Floss on the way to you!
|The Husband drew names for me!|