Sunday, August 18, 2013

A thought for Sunday....

Are you familiar with Max Lucado?  He has written several books that are uplifting to one's spirit.  On a recent visit to a thrift store, I found a copy of one of his books - "Hope - Pure and Simple."  Today's thought is a quote from that book.

                      "You are valuable....not because of what you do or what you have done,

                                                  but simply because you are."

I think these are good words to remember.

From the UMW Prayer Calendar for today, the Mission Focus is the Bethlehem Center in Spartanburg, South Carolina. 

There are Bethlehem Centers supported by the UMW in various locations around the country.  They provide amazing services for those in need.

I hope your Sunday is a blessed one.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Hugs to you Nellie. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. I have been resting today...just cooking and cleaning. One load of laundry...you know the everyday things. Blessings.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am familiar with Max Lucado, and I really like this quote you have given us for today. We should always remember this truth when we meet new people who might not match our ideas of what they should look like or how they should behave. Perhaps God has placed them in our pathway to strengthen us and give us a better understanding of those who are somehow "different" from us. Thank you for this reminder today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed those are good words. We needn't spend precious time measuring our worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I'm not familiar with Max Lucado, but maybe I should be. : )
    Great quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good evening my friend. I am familiar with him indeed. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Max Lucado. He has always been a favorite of mine.
    I loved this quote too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quote to remember.
    Have a blessed Week Nellie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete