Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Flavors of summer....

Wednesday already!  I hope you are enjoying a good week!  August is quickly passing!

What are flavors that remind you of summer?  For me, one flavor is lemon!  I love making fresh lemonade, and adding lemon to something I am cooking gives it an extra dimension.

Such is the case for this recipe today.  It comes from THE SUMMER BOOK by Susan Branch.

Ready to add the pasta!

Topped with chicken browned with garlic! Yum!



LEMON LINGUINI

1 pound linguini
1/2 cup olive oil
Zest from one lemon
Juice from two lemons
1/2 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and freshly ground pepper
Lots of Parmesan cheese

Cook linguini in boiling salted water till done; drain well.  Combine next five ingredients in a large serving bowl.  Add pasta and toss well.  Sprinkle over salt and freshly ground pepper - toss in Parmesan to taste.  Serve, or toss in additional ingredients of your choice such as steamed shrimp and asparagus spears; roasted green beans and grilled chicken strips; or chopped tomatoes, slivered fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.  I browned boneless chicken breast strips in garlic-infused olive oil!  Delicious!

There is a giveaway I want to mention to you.  Head over to Mille Fiori Favoriti to see what Pat has for you!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Oh, this sounds delicious! I would have to decrease the amount of lemon, though, because of that silly citric acid sensitivity. :-( Just might have to try this one soon, and I have boneless chicken breasts on hand already! Thanks for a great dinner suggestion. Have a wonderful Wednesday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks right up my alley. I can just imagine how great this must be. I bet it would go great with garlic bread as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recipe, The Summer Book and Susan Branch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, Oh yum ! That sounds so good and looks it too. I really enjoy Susan Branch's blog, don't you ? xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. No pasta for me, but I'll eat the toppings - yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all kinds of pasta.
    My summer flavor would be watermelon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a fan of lemon, but BOY HOWDY, I'm a huge fan of the chicken and pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie , love pasta , will try the lemon ... the lemon will put the extra kick :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting the recipe. I may give it a try.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks and sounds delicious. Gotta go I am hungry:) B

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! I have some pre-cooked and pre-shredded chicken in the freezer that would go great with this!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Lemon Linguini looks awesome.... Made my mouth water.... YUM..

    Thanks for the recipe.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much, Nellie, for mentioning the Poise gift card give away on my blog--please make sure you put a link to this in that specific post as BlogHer chooses the winner, not me, and they have to see that you did this.

    Your recipes are always very tempting! I love lemons and I've made this recipe form Susan's "Summer" cookbook--it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds really good, Nellie. I need to make this sometime- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks delicious.
    When I think of summer I think of plums, peaches and watermelon.

    ReplyDelete