Friday, August 9, 2013

On the road....

First, I want to welcome a new follower!  Good to have you along!

This week I have been sharing all about our time at More Than A Vacation.  Our "FL" put us "on the road."

Mode of travel - two buses and assorted automobiles.

Dunburn Farm - a week-end Bed and Breakfast.

Beautiful views.

Beautiful horses.

Beautiful dining room from one direction....

....and from the other.

First floor bedroom.

Displayed in the stair well.

Name on the napkins.

The host played the bagpipes for us.

Looking down  driveway to the road.

Toward the barn.

The dining room is on the other side of these glass doors.

On the other side of the house.

On the front porch.

I'm sure you can tell that I really enjoyed this place!:-)  We had a picnic lunch outdoors.  Thankfully the weather was cooperative!

This only covers PART of ONE day last week!  There is LOTS more, and I will be sharing it with you in the days ahead. 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, what a lovely place that is!! Perhaps you'll be able to go and be a guest there one day! I'm sure Country Girl would enjoy such a place, too, with those beautiful horses around. I hope you're looking forward to a good weekend, even though you'll be fairly busy. You do seem to thrive on being busy, while I am a lazy bum! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, What a wonderful place to stay. I would absolutely love seeing the hores in pasture while I had some breakfast, or coffee on the porch. I love traveling when it is all fast paced and hubbub.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to see more. that scottish coverlet on the bed is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful photos. What a great place.
    I love bagpipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks like such a lovely time! Love the snaps and thank you for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely place. You are certainly making the most of your summer travels. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooh, WOW... what a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie,
    What a lovely place and so relaxed and charming , I am looking forward to being a viral traveler on your trip .Thanks for sharing . :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow- What a wonderful time you had. I am so glad that you shared it here. What a beautiful place there! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a nice place, I can see why you loved it! Who wouldn't want to stay here...smile...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice photos, Nellie. Thanks for taking us along with you. What fun! Hope you got photos of the breakfast, too! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH I am just in love with that drive way as well as everything ELSE you have shared with us. Oh my goodness! I really love this,

    ReplyDelete