Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A new "favorite..."

Happy Wednesday to you!  Are you recovering from the cold temperatures that are plaguing many locations?

Regardless of how many recipes I have in my files, I am always ready to try another one!  This one came from a friend on the Weight Watchers thread - and, no, it isn't a Weight Watcher recipe.:-)  I baked this back in December to have since I knew the "birthday girls" would be taking their cakes with them.  Of course, it had to be cut!:-)

Cranberry Pie!

This pie received rave reviews from both Machoman and Country Man!  I thought it was considerate that they left enough for The Husband to have some.:-)

CRANBERRY PIE
Double crust pastry
12-oz. fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons flour
1/4 cup molasses
- Prepare pan with bottom pastry.
- Mix sugar and flour.  Add half of the amount to the bottom crust, put the cranberries on top, and add the rest of the sugar/flour mixture.  Drizzle with molasses.
- Add top crust; flute edge and cut slits in the top.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes.  You may have to put foil around the edge of the crust if it becomes too brown.

As I said, this was really a hit!  I will be baking it again!

I hope you are staying safe and warm!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I LOVE cranberry pie, and I'm sure this one was super delicious! Thanks for the recipe! Have a wonderful Wednesday, and enjoy this "heat wave" that we're having today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of cranberry pie. It looks and sounds delicious and I would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had cranberry pie and once I get my ovens working I will try this one. Still freezing (well below freezing) here today- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girlfriend LOVES cranberries so she would no doubt love this pie. I am finally thawed out after the deep freeze!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious. I really love cranberries! Will be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that I'll try this. I have lots of cranberries in the fridge.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie,
    So funny that you posted this! We just had a cranberry pecan pie over the holidays and it was wonderful! Thinking of making one for my UMW Circle this month.
    Love,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm betting my hubby might be a fan of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nellie I will be baking that. I have bought bags of cranberries every time I have went to the store since before Thanksgiving and have frozen them. I was holding a bag in my hand I kept wondering why I have never run across a recipe for cranberry pie. So now that you have posted one I am sure it will be my next favorite. I am going to make one tonight. Thanks so much for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nellie - thank you for that recipe - I have not heard of that pie, but it sure sounds good and a perfect pie to have for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! I think I'd like a piece along with vanilla ice cream.
    We've started a little warm up here. I'm hoping for a walk outside tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie , happy Wednesday to you , here's hoping you are keeping warm .

    ReplyDelete