Saturday, January 18, 2014

Special mention....

On this Saturday, I want to post about a special concern. 

Since 2006, our Holston Conference of the United Methodist Church has been in ministry with the people of South Sudan.  Beginning with the interest generated when a Conference staff member read the book They Poured Fire On Us From The Sky and shared it with co-workers and the bishop at that time, the Conference has sent special mission teams, the UMW has collected funds to assist Sudanese women with sewing machines, and churches have provided funds to dig wells for providing clean water.  There has been support for education, assistance with healthcare, and Grace Home has been provided for serving 26 children.  Our son-in-law, Machoman, was even part of one of the first mission teams that represented our Conference in Sudan.

The situation in South Sudan is critical.  Fighting in parts of the country continues, and the peace and progress of the last several years is being threatened. 

This is a time for us to be involved in fervent and deliberate prayer.  If you are so inclined, please add this to your prayer concerns. 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.


9 comments:

  1. Prayer just said Nellie and I will continue to pray for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many areas of the world that are in serious trouble, needing things that we take for granted here. Praying that these people will be cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the heads up Nellie. I will put this on my prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in. I've also added this to my prayer list also. So much suffering in our world.

    Every little prayer count.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those poor people over there. Yes, I'll add them to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting us know about your concern. I will add this to my prayer list.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me also! Our UMC is involved in a similar mission.

    ReplyDelete