Monday, January 6, 2014

Barn Quilts....

Good Monday morning to you!  Is it cold where you are?  We have the coldest temperatures we have had in quite awhile, and the wind chill is a huge factor!  Can't give  you the exact readings.  They seem to change every hour!

The Husband quipped that with these temperatures that our "barn" would need more than a quilt.:-)

The Country Couple was busy before Christmas, crafting their own unique presents for friends.

This is one they created for a former landlady.


They came to town on Sunday and assisted The Husband in putting this one in place.

Mounted  on the "barn."

There is a book that is printed that has many possibilities.

Patterns from across the United States are included.

The following two pictures show patterns found in Tennessee.


These two were actually found on barns not too very far from Knox County!

Most of the week-end was spent listening to the weather forecast!:-)  This morning, we have a little less snow than we had on Friday morning, and our street is clear.

The tree is on our neighbor's property.

Wherever you are, I hope you are staying warm and safe!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE that quilt!! I'm sure The Husband will be pleased that his "barn" is staying warm!

    We had about an inch of snow overnight, and as you have said, the temperature keeps changing, so there's little point in trying to keep up with it....it's just plain COLD for us around here!! Have a great day, and stay warm! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm and I would love a barn quilt. I have always been interested in the painted ones on barns.
    I think the one on your barn looks so good.
    I hope you get to stay home and warm today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just looked outside and discovered that it's snowing again here! Our driveway is covered, but the road in front looks good. Staying inside for sure!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is beautiful!!

    The weather here is too awful to even think about!

    Have a wonderful day Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cold here, too, Nellie. Schools are closed and I have the girls here for a day or two. UGH- SOOOO cold.

    Those quilts are gorgeous. We have quite a few on the barns around Wisconsin, too. Stay warm- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my barn now need a quilt
    (and some more animals to live in it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A quilt would be handy to have in this weather!! It's 2 Degrees here in Lexington now with a - 18 windchill lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie!

    Oh how I love quilts. I always tell myself one day I will make at least one quilt. Is that a bucket list item, lol...

    Up here in PA the snow has been washed away but, it is still very cold. I feel kinda lucky though, some of the temperatures across the country are quite scary. I'm happy we aren't below zero!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Nellie...I won't even tell my son-in-law about a barn quilt, he would definitely want one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some of those quilt squares on the barns around here too.
    Yes, very cold here. Saying -18 tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am obviously just not a country girl having never heard of a barn quilt! But isn't that enchanting? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barn quilts are beautiful Nellie! I have a friend in Maine who has painted one and mounted it on the side of her home. So cheerful in winter or summer, but especially lovely when the snow is all around. That seems to be the case around your neighbourhood. I hope you are keeping cosy and warm.
    I am having internet problems. Sometimes it works, but mostly it doesn't. I have tried to put comments on your posts a couple of times recently. I've read the post, made the comment and it disappears! Let's hope this one registers.
    Happy days to you and your family Nellie.
    Betty
    Thank you for all of your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Until I started blogging, I had never heard of barn quilts. I think they are awesome!

    I'm freezing! I hate to whine when I know there are so many that are a whole lot colder than we are... but dang it, it's cold!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a foot of snow this weekend! Thankfully it has not been unusually cold--not like the arctic blast the East is getting.

    I like barn "quilts" and saw quite a few of them on a few cross country trips

    ReplyDelete