Saturday, January 25, 2014

The morning moon....

On Tuesday morning at 7:15, as I went out for the newspaper, this is what I saw.

From a distance....

Close-up setting.

Before mid-day on Tuesday, however, clouds had overtaken the sky, and as I was sitting in the chair for a haircut at 1:30, snow showers came down with great enthusiasm!    Although we have had the chance of snow in our forecast a couple of other times since then, it has actually missed us here.

I send along my wishes for warmth and safety to those of you who are dealing with such cold and snowy conditions.  Take care, and have a good week-end!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. and here we are with sleet/snow pelting down. :-(

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't have snow, thank goodness, but we had ice... and that was bad enough. Everything pretty much ground to a halt for a number of hours, schools cancelled, etc. The sun is out today and it's supposed to get warmer, before another cold snap. My poor old body just aches and aches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not doing winter well at all! Have a great weekend Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had the prettiest snow this morning. The snowflakes were coming down ever so gently and fine, even almost apologetically for the huge snow storm we've had recently. Everything was like millions of glistening diamonds on the ground as I walked to work early this morning. It was so pretty. It's still snowing but the flakes are bigger now. As pretty as it is, I have no use for snow now. Bring on Spring. My arthritic hands are asking for Spring...
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Nellie, I double clicked and got duplicate comment.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nellie, At last I have found some of my blog pals. Boy have I ever missed all of you. I have not set up a new blog yet....my computer crashed at Christmas, died an agonizing death. I received my first Martha Stewart book from you. thank you once again dear friend. Stay safe,xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty photos, we have snow (more ``again ``` again)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful MOON shots, Nellie. I wish we had some clear skies to even see the moon. More snow coming tonight -ugh. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's snowing like crazy here right now and blowing sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Only an inch of snow today and it was over before I came home tonight. That's my kind of snow. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete