Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year wishes - and an award!

Here it is - the first day of 2014!  Happy New Year to each of you!

Several days ago, I was given an award by Ramblingon.

Thank you for this award!


So - there are some questions I am to answer.  Here goes.
What is your favorite color?  Blue, though I also like pink and purple.
What is your favorite animal?  I have always considered myself a "cat person.":-)
What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?  I really do enjoy a good pot of hot tea, though I also try to drink lots of water during the day.
Facebook or Twitter?  I am on Twitter.
What is your favorite pattern?  I like small plaids, usually with red as one of the colors.
Do you prefer getting or giving?  While it can be fun to receive a surprise gift, I LOVE to give!
What is your favorite number?  Through the years I have thought of 7 as my favorite number, though I think my favorite math fact was 6+8=14!
What is your favorite day of the week?  When I was teaching, Wednesday was often my day for bus duty, so I was happy to have that day come, as well as a Friday that meant a week-end was upcoming.  Who doesn't enjoy a week-end when it means time off from work.:-)  Now that I am retired, I consider every day a "favorite" day!  There is something special about being able to greet each day!  I am thankful for each one!
What is your favorite flower?    The rose is my favorite flower.  It doesn't matter what color.
What is your Passion?  I would have to say that my passion is two-fold - my faith and my family!

All right.  Now I "tag" any of you readers who have a blog to accept this award and respond to the questions on your own blog!:-)

I am off to enjoy black-eyed peas, steamed cabbage, and cornbread today!  What is your New Year's Day tradition?

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. New year traditions in the past have included black eyed peas. I can remember as a small child that my mother grew them in her garden. Today for myself, I am making a pot of chili.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award, and I will admit that some of your answers were a surprise to me! I was not aware that you were on Twitter, as that is one of the "social media" that I have not ventured into yet, although my children are there.

    My New Year's meal today will be the conventional black-eyed peas, cooked with some ham, and turnip greens on the side. Since my hubby does not care for those peas or greens, I'll have to come up with something else for him...or maybe I'll let him have a peanut butter sandwich! Have a great day, Sister, and a wonderful 2014! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY! Thank you Nellie! I loved learning more about you. Happy New year to you and the family. Hope I see you before long. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are "cat people" too but don't have one at the present moment. Was fun learning more about you. Happy New Year from Arizona!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The black-eyed peas are cooking as i write this and later i'll cook collard green and honey cornbread....rest of the family is bring pork and sourkraut

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats Nellie! love it! fun! enjoy your New Years Day my Fiend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun - loved reading your answers. We're having pork and sauerkraut and homemade applesauce.

    Happy New Year sweet friend!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice that you won that award and I like all of those facts about you. It is nice to know your favorite colors. I like what you are eating for New Year.
    We don't really have any New Year traditions besides working, it always seems like it is the day we start getting the garden ready, which is what my husband is doing and then digging holes to plant 20 trees. So we just work. :) Our spring will start at the end of Feb so we have a short bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our traditions are a little skewed this past year. Would like to get them back to something a little more normal for the current year. Here's hoping that happens.

    Happy New Year, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the award, Nellie. It was so nice reading about your likes and other interests. Retirement is the best isn't it. Every day is my favorite day too, lol...

    Marion and I refrained from banging pots and pans this year. It's a tradition we thought better left quietly:)

    Sending Happy New Year wishes your way, Nellie. May it be Blessed with all the wonders you seek:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your well-deserved award. I loved reading more about you too. Happy New Year to you and your family. I hope it is a healthy one and happy one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was nice learning more about you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! My favorite flower is the lilac. I get so excited to see the first lilacs of the season and have a soft spot for all spring flowers. Wishes for a very happy and healthy 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year, Nellie. I loved your answers. Roses are also my favorite flower although Lilac is my all time favorite but I think that is a bush rather than a flower.

    I have never eaten black-eyed peas! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete