Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas in the country....

Happy Thursday to you!  Are you on "football overload?"  Yesterday was really the day for football games.  And  - there are more to come!  We actually watched very little football on Wednesday.

I know we are at the second day in January, and Christmas is over a week past.  I just have a couple of things I'd like to share with you from Christmas. 

We were able to enjoy Christmas in the country!  We made a trip to the Country Couple's house for Christmas dinner.  City Girl was still in town, so she went along, too.  Country Man had gone into the woods for the Christmas tree.

I love the way the lights are on the tree!

There were some other decorations around as well.

Lovely creation from straw.


Chirp by Lenox.

Pfaltzgraff pattern - Nordic Christmas.

Johnson Brothers - Friendly Village

Of course, we all ate too much.:-)  Isn't that the way it seems to go when families gather?:-)

There was definitely enough to go around!:-)  It did help just a bit that we took a walk before dinner as an "appetizer.":-)

Of course, while the food was delicious, the best part of the evening was being able to spend time with those we love.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. This all looks so wonderful, and I'm sure you all had a marvelous time with the Country Couple! They are indeed special people, with a flair for the unique, and it fits them well. Thank you for sharing this glimpse into their lovely farm home with us. Have a wonderful day, whatever the weather turns out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Christmas tree. A very unique way to string the lights. Very pretty as are the decorations and the table settings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh, I like that Friendly Village plate! We didn't have much of a Christmas, or New Year gathering. Everything has kinda been on hold. I hope that all changes soon and the family can gather under better circumstances and celebrate all the things that have been put on a back burner. I am SO READY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nellie....

    Hope your New Year is wonderful.

    Hey, by the way, that Sweet Potato Peacan Pie Oatmeal dish sounds great. It didn't sound too "bad" diet-wise. Is it? What do you think?

    Which pattern of Christmas dishes is yours? Mine is by Nikko and has a Christmas tree in the middle of the plates. Very pretty and I've had it about 30 years.

    Take care and God bless. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. The food looks just yummy! I really love that first china-Chirp- I have never seen that pattern before. It's perfect for winter.

    Hope you have a wonderful day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas . . . and the food looks fabulous. Isn't sitting around the table with all the family, enjoying a delicious feast, just about the best time we can have? I know for my family it only happens on Christmas day and I've found that makes it all the more precious to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures. I'm so happy you shared with them. Who cares if Christmas was a week ago. There are some good memories there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks so good and sounds like a great day.
    We're not football fans here at my house so we didn't watch any at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right nothing better than family, friends, food and bonding!! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nellie ,
    Christmas may have been a week ago , but I like the idea if we would share it throughout the year , this world would be a better place . I love the Christmas tree and lights and the table setting and food , so much love . Thanks for sharing and visiting my bloc :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing a very special time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh such a lovely looking meal!!! Love your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun dishes for your amazing food. I especially love the birds (chirp) pattern. So nice that you were able to spend time together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was nice.. So relaxing and just - NICE! Enjoy your bog a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, you don't know me, but I have to ask what kind of a tree that Christmas tree is. I've never seen tree like it before. It's so wispy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spicedjellybean, the tree is a cedar that was cut from the woods on the property where they live. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete