Monday, January 20, 2014

The week-end....

"Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a permanent attitude."
                                                                             - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Joys......

        Saturday morning required an early wake-up as there was a 90-mile journey to the site of a UMW Executive Committee meeting. 

Bag packed, ready to go!  The bag is a Christmas gift from my sister!  I love it!

I was able to have a rider with me, a fellow UMW member from my own church and circle, who has agreed to serve our District as treasurer for a term.  The meeting was actually for the benefit of the treasurers as they prepare for this new year.

....Sunday night Wesley Covenant service at church, the first such service that I remember ever attending.

The cover of the bulletin.


Words of the service.


....and Sorrow....

         It was with sadness that we attended a Memorial Service on Sunday afternoon.   A former third-grade student, age 36, unexpectedly passed away.  The service was held at the Yacht Club, with the lake as a backdrop, a fitting location for this young man who enjoyed boating with his family.  The words of the minister were a moving tribute to him and his life. 

So - a new week begins.  May it be a good beginning for each of you, with all good things to follow throughout the week.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments. 

12 comments:

  1. Good morning! Happy to see that tote bag being used, and I hope it will last a long time. :-) That covenant service looks really good, and I'm sure those who attended were encouraged to search their hearts and rethink their priorities. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of that young man. They must be devastated by his passing. Enjoy this sunny day, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the message and the bag. Too bad we don't see more great messages on bags like that. It's a great idea.

    Prayers for courage and consolation for the family of this young man who passed away so suddenly.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag and message!

    I am so sorry for the loss of the young. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoughts and prayers to the family of the man who was taken away at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tote and message.
    So young, so sad. Prayers for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts, prayers and sympathy to the young man's family and all who will mourn the loss.

    Love that tote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a nice trip but I am so sorry to hear about that young man passing away. How awful for his family to lose such a young man. God bless- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very nice bag, Nellie. So unfortunate about the young man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good evening,
    I am so sorry for the passing of such a young man.
    I hope you have a good week Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nellie , love the bag and the quote .
    My condolences goes out to the young man's family and friends ,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good afternoon. That bag is really nice. So sorry for the young man who passed on! It's always so sad when a young person has to leave this earth before their time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So young. I'm sorry for the loss, Nellie.

    ReplyDelete