Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Empty....

The Snowman popcorn bowl is empty!

So - let's get busy! 

Definitely needed!

Some of you may already know about this, but it was a new find for me!  This bowl is a microwave popcorn popper!   Directions for popping come with the bowl.  I happened to buy this one at Target.

You will need popping oil.  We experimented with Coconut Oil, and was it ever flavorful!  You will also need corn for popping.  As the coconut oil is solid, I melted it before adding the corn, but that really isn't necessary.  Following the directions included with the popper, less than two minutes 45 seconds were needed to reach this point.

The perfect snack for a cold day!

I'm so glad the snowman looks happy now!:-)  It didn't take very long for the bowl to become empty again, however.:-)

Remember - the giveaway mentioned in the last post continues during the week.  On Thursday night, January 16 at 8:00 EST, a winner will be selected.  Announcement will be made on Friday, January 17.  Just leave a comment on MONDAY'S post! 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, what a cheery bowl!! I'll bet a person could fill it with some other delectable treats just to keep it happy between popcorn events! Have a beautiful day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your snowman bowl. I have never seen a popcorn popper like that, I need to find one.
    I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nice snowman popcorn popper. I've never seen one like that either nor have I used the Coconut oil before.
    I have an electric hot air popper and haven't used it lately. You make me want to take it out and pop some corn. I pour melted butter on my popcorn.

    I hope that I have a chance at winning that snowflake cookie cutter. he,he.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never made popcorn with coconut oil but i sure am going to try it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM---that popcorn looks SO good. I'm on a special diet today --so that makes the popcorn even more yummy-looking.. ha ha

    I'm a little shaken. We had a near-miss-head-on car accident yesterday afternoon when a car was coming straight toward us in OUR lane. We swerved and went into the ditch. Luckily, we are fine and no damage to the car --other than being dirty. BUT--we were just lucky that the ditch wasn't steep…. SCARY!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snowman bowl is so cute. I used to have a microwave popcorn popper several years ago. Much healthier way to fix popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nellie , the snowman looks happy , heading to Target in the morning , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh that looks great and coconut oil, who knew!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowman bowl is so cute. I use an heavy dutch oven which works fine for me. I haven't tried the coconut oil, but I will have to give it a try. I usually pop my corn in peanut oil. It adds great flavor and it can stand the high temps needed to pop the corn. It adds a nice flavor, but doesn't taste at all like peanuts. There are all kinds of specialty popping corns you can find online. Many of them are have no hull. These varitys are great if you have stopped eating popcorn if you have dental issues like crowns or braces. My dentist actually told me about them because so many of his patients could not eat regular popping corn.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute popcorn bowl. : )
    I haven't had popcorn in a very long time. I like it but don't like how it gets stuck in your teeth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is the cutest bowl and looks like it holds a ice amount too. Mr. D and I love popcorn and microwave it frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not seen this darling idea. It is the cutest bowl ever! The girls and I love popcorn. I've even served it in place of dinner on Friday nights. Shhh...our secret.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun treat! Love your snowman bowl. The hubby here could eat his weight in popcorn. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love popcorn, even if it does get stuck in my teef!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Popcorn is always delish, especially with lots of melted butter and salt. ha!

    Nellie, you are a very faithful Follower. Thank you for all your sweet visits to my posts! Susan

    ReplyDelete