Friday, February 17, 2012

3 - 2 - 1.....

Does that sound like "blast-off" should be the next word?:-)  Actually, this is a very simple recipe that I have recently learned that is good for those of us who may be watching our weight.  I have no information about point value, in case you may wonder.  I read this recipe while at my church taking care of some UMW things, and I immediately thought that it should become part of my files.:-)

One box of angel food cake mix has been poured into a plastic bag.

The box of chocolate cake mix has been mixed with it.

Two tablespoons of water has been mixed into the three tablespoons of mix.

Here is the very simple recipe for this single-serving dessert.  

3 - 2 - 1 CAKE

1 box angel food cake mix
1 box any other flavor cake mix

Combine these two cake mixes until well blended.

Measure:  three tablespoons of the blended mix
                 two tablespoons of water
Mix them well in the ramekin.
Cook in the microwave for 1 minute at high power.
There you have it!  An individual dessert serving, just enough for one!
                          You might want to add a bit of whipped topping.:-)  I enjoyed it just the way it is!

Thank you so much for reading!  I enjoy your comments!

Next post - By special request....





7 comments:

  1. You are absolutely my hero! I am so going to do this, running out to the store and I will get some mixes. Thanks so much. I think I saw something like this on Pinterest but did not pay attention to it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delightful! I'm like Barbara, need to go buy that Angel Food mix, but I already have some chocolate, and I'll have to try this soon! Thank you for this great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me. Perfect size for a treat for the kiddos, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Nellie what an amazing idea! Just the perfect small dessert when you want something sweet!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is just awesome.
    What a cool idea. I have never seen anything like that before.
    That would be wonderful when you are craving something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie...do you have to grease the ramakin? If it's okay I will be sharing this recipe with our friends.

    Blessings..
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom, these look wonderful and easy!!!

    ReplyDelete