Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Remember that cookie dough?

If you will recall, we had some week-end guests recently, giving me some help in the kitchen with Valentine sugar cookies (Little Munchkin).  Well, we actually only used half the dough the recipe made.  The other half has been patiently waiting on me.:-)  This is what I had in store for it.
Oops! No picture before baking again. I really must improve with that.

                          Looking good enough to eat!

I had it in mind that I would make Fruit Pizza with the other half of the dough, so I thought it would be fun to have a heart shape.  This is a recipe that has been around for awhile, so many of you may have it in  your files.  I will post the original recipe and indicate where I made changes.

FRUIT PIZZA (makes 2) - I only made 1.

2 refrigerated rolls of sugar cookie dough
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 reduced fat)
1 8-oz. container frozen whipped topping, thawed
1- 1# box confectioners sugar
Sliced fruit (strawberries, kiwi, bananas, etc.)
1/4 cup orange juice with small amount confectioners sugar (I skipped this).

- Spray bottom of 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray.  Spread cookie dough about 1/2 inch thick.  Bake according to directions on roll until lightly brown.  Cool.
- Mix softened cream cheese, whipped topping and powdered sugar until smooth.  Spread over baked cookie.
- Arrange desired fruit on top.  Drizzle with glaze, if desired.
- Refrigerate.

It has been a busy day here, and I haven't had a chance to send along my Happy Valentine's Day wishes to all of you who are reading.  The MOTH and I enjoyed dinner out, along with everybody else in town, or so it seemed.:-)

I notice there are new followers, and I thank you for coming along, as well as for your comments!

Next post - Substitutions....

4 comments:

  1. Nellie- I have not made this in years. It used to be the thing I took to work on pot luck day. I will have to make some for my grandkids. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I know the girls would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for a shower last summer, and it was a huge hit!! I had gotten the idea from you a few years ago, and it looked so pretty with all the different colors of fresh fruit. Thanks for reminding us of it again; it just might make it to a church supper one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie..I love this recipe! I haven't made it in years..so glad you reminded me! You're such a great cook!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete