Wednesday, February 22, 2012

More of the same....

Continuing on the ground turkey theme from the previous post, I will post a recipe today for Turkey Sausage.  Now, there are no pictures for this one.  I prepared this for Monday morning breakfast, and I wasn't quite alert enough to begin photographing that early.:-)  This is a recipe that came from the Weight Watchers Message Boards several years ago.

TURKEY SAUSAGE

1 pound ground white meat turkey
1 teaspoon (or less) salt
2 teaspoons sage
1 teaspoon fennel seed
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon black pepper (or less)
1/2 teaspoon white pepper (or less)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or less)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine all together and blend well.
- Refrigerate overnight for meat to absorb flavor of spices.  Use as desired:  patties, crumbles, etc.

This will give you that taste of sausage without the extra fat.  I have even used this mixture in Jambalaya and other recipes that use other sausages.  As I have noted above, the amount of spiciness can be controlled, depending on your own personal taste.

Thank you for following along.  I especially enjoy your comments.

Next post - More turkey!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good! Might just have to give this a try soon, too. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. I do like turkey sausage! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, that sounds too good. I like sausage and pasta, this would be great with pasta and sauce.

    ReplyDelete