Friday, February 10, 2012

Was there something else?

Cheese, pimento, and mayonnaise ready to whirl in the food processor.
I have devoted this week to the food we had for our "Super Bowl" party last Saturday while the Munchkins were visiting.  There was something else that hasn't been illustrated.  This is my recipe for Pimento Cheese Spread.  It isn't very original, as I have seen similar versions printed in the newspaper.  This is another popular choice for the Munchkins, and it was an option on the serving table last week-end.  This is the recipe I follow.

PIMENTO CHEESE SPREAD

8-oz. cheddar cheese (I used Cabot's 75% reduced fat cheddar).
1 (2-oz.) jar of pimentos, undrained
Mayonnaise as needed, usually around 1/3 cup (I use reduced fat).

- Shred cheese; place in food processor; add other ingredients, and blend well.  If you wish other items may be added such as a little Dijon mustard or hot sauce.  I usually keep mine rather plain as it appeals to the little ones better this way.
- Use for sandwiches; even good grilled.:-)

I am excited this evening because there was a surprise on my porch this afternoon!  I won the giveaway from atnannstable.blogspot.com this week, and it arrived today!  That will be part of my next post, so be sure to read the next time for - The Return of Red!:-)




6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your prize!! I'll look forward to hearing all about it! :-) I always love pimiento cheese, and this is just a basic recipe that I usually follow as well. I probably put a bit more mayo in mine, and I don't do the reduced-fat version because it's higher in carbs, which I have to watch. Even one or two more grams of carbs per serving can add up with other items on the menu, so I just try to keep it basic. I have eaten yours, though, and it is delicious, so I would have to give your recipe a thumbs up! :-)
    Thanks for sharing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your win! Isn't that just always exciting??? I can't wait to hear all about it! Your sandwich spread looks wonderful!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good sounding spread! Congrats on winning the giveaway. I can't wait to see what you won. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Connie, I believe it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you won a give-away. Can't wait to see what you won. I could eat pimiento cheese 4 days a week. We are Southern girls!

    ReplyDelete