Friday, February 24, 2012

One more time....

Good Friday evening, everyone!  This is a turkey recipe - one more time.:-)  We do not reserve turkey for Thanksgiving around here.  In fact, I've been known to bring home a turkey breast to cook just so I will have turkey to make this particular dish.  One more time - there are no pictures.  Hopefully I will be able to incorporate some in my next post.  Many of you probably have a similar recipe.  I'm not even sure I remember the source.  It probably came from a magazine or newspaper. 

TURKEY-WALNUT SALAD
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1/2 cup dried cranberries (dried cherries may be substituted)
1/2 cup light mayonnaise (reduced fat mayo with olive oil is a good choice)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 small red onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Salad greens

- Stir all ingredients together.  Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.  Serve over salad greens.  Six servings.

Thank you for reading along.  I enjoy your comments.

Next post - Surprises....and more!

4 comments:

  1. I buy turkey breasts all the time, too, Nellie. I could eat it all the time! Great recipe. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that turkey is always good! Too bad my enthusiasm is not shared by the MOTH around here, but I can put it on the menu occasionally without too much complaint. This really sounds great, and I'll have to give it a try soon. Thanks for all these wonderful ideas for that gobbler! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance to use walnuts makes me happy. I'm excited about this recipe.

    ReplyDelete