Saturday, February 25, 2012

Surprises....and more

Happy Saturday evening to you, wherever you are.  We have had a beautiful day here today, plenty of sunshine, although the wind has been a bit chilly.  The forecast calls for another nice day tomorrow.  I hope you have been able to safely enjoy the weather today.  Some of you may be experiencing snow.  I know that can cause some problems at times.

I am going to save the "surprise" part for the latter part of this post, so this is the "more" portion.:-)  A while ago I posted a recipe for Chicken With Apples.  This week, I decided to use pork chops to prepare the same kind of dish.

This is what you will need.

This is the finished product.

PORK CHOPS WITH APPLES

2 Tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons canola oil
4 boneless pork chops (I only used three, and they were not boneless).
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (I used Braeburn).
1 medium onion sliced
1 cup apple juice

- Sprinkle pepper over pork.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet, add pork and saute until browned.
- Remove from skillet.  Add onion and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add apple slices and cook for 2 minutes, stirring the pieces constantly.
- Return pork chops to pan and add apple juice.
- Cover and simmer until pork chops are cooked; uncover and cook a few more minutes until liquid has reduced, about 5 minutes.  

This is a rather busy time around here for me.  The Conference United Methodist Women (UMW)
nominating committee has asked if I would accept the nomination to serve as Secretary of Program Resources with the election coming in September.  I was happy to accept the nomination.  However, the current office holder is having some health issues, and I will be assisting for some events that are held during the year.  The first one of these will be next week-end.   I am also serving as a District officer (the last year on the term), and have the responsibility of planning the first District event of the year.  That will happen the FOLLOWING week-end.  Hopefully plans are all in order for that one.  


                                                    Now, what is THIS all about?!?  Could this be the "surprise?"

Yes, this is the "surprise" part of this post.  What is inside these packages?  What kind of gifts are these?   I'll tell you this much.  The event is March 17!   Are you able to guess the "surprise?"

Thank you for reading.  I love your comments.

Coming up - Celebrating!


4 comments:

  1. The pork and apples look good and congrats on your nomination...although it looks like you will probably be taking over sooner than planned.

    I'm guessing St. Patrick's Day? xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork chops and apples go so well together. Looks like a St. Pat's party, did you win a raffle? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like a luscious dish, and one I should be able to try easily! You are a VERY busy lady, but somehow, you manage to juggle everything successfully, and I hope you will make sure you get sufficient rest to maintain your good health with all these demands on your time and energy!

    I do know what the surprise is, but I won't spill the beans! Looking forward to St. Patty's Day, for sure! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to learn about 3/17 party. Such a tease!

    ReplyDelete