Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A poem....

                                                  Black and Gold

                                    Everything is black and gold,

                                    Black and gold tonight:

                                    Yellow pumpkins, yellow moon,

                                    Yellow candlelight;

                                                Jet-black cat with golden eyes,

                                                Shadows black as ink,

                                                Firelight blinking in the dark

                                                With a yellow blink.

                                  Black and gold, black and gold,

                                  Nothing in between----

                                  When the world turns black and gold,

                                  Then it's Halloween!

                                                                             Nancy Byrd Turner

Enjoy this day!

Thank you for reading.  I enjoy your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Nellie, That's a cute poem. Enjoy your day. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem. Thank you.

    Happy Halloween, Samhain... Whatever you choose to call it.

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just great!!! I love that poem. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I used to have a jet black cat with golden eyes- we called him The Devil Cat because he was so naughty- Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute poem. I had a couple of young boys come to my house tonight and I couldn't figure out what their costumes were. One was dressed in black and the other all dressed in orange and they told me they were Halloween - black and orange! :)
    Pretty clever, huh?
    thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie I really enjoyed this poem! Happy Halloween to you!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. That poem is absolutely PERFECT for halloween and I am going to have to file it!! And our Halloween this year turned out fabulous and so much fun!! I bet it was at your house too. Love, N.

    ReplyDelete