Saturday, October 20, 2012

Colors of fall....

The fall season differs in all parts of the country.  There are times when we have been disappointed in the colors of the leaves, the time they reach their "peak," the weather conditions during this time - various factors affect how we enjoy the season. 

Recently out with The Husband driving, I tried to take a few pictures of some scenery.  As I have mentioned in a previous post, many of our roads have no shoulders, so pulling to the side and stopping just isn't an option.  These pictures were taken while the car was moving.




Do you see the berries?

The last picture was taken of a tree in our church parking lot.  There are red berries on it, although they are not too noticeable in the picture.

Are you taking time to enjoy the beauty around you?   The Husband reminds all of us to "stop and smell the roses" along the way.:-)  Enjoy your week-end!

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Nellie, I think we all try to take pictures with the car moving.:):) I like the colos of your trees. I have noticed a tree in our park , just covered with small berries. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great pictures from a moving car. I have taken a lot of pictures that way.

    I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi nellie, our fall up north has gone fast. its been cool,rainy and dreary but i kinda like it. soup and stitchen! the leaves are off the trees. it was beautiful tho and i still look out the door each time i put the dogs out back and still find beauty. enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making every effort to enjoy the crispness in the air and the colors in the trees. Wishes for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a strange season here, too. Some trees have changed almost completely, while others have not even begun to change yet. There is a tree across the road from our apartment that I like to watch, and I have taken several pictures of it at various stages of color. So far, it is still in the first stage, and it normally takes this particular tree at least a month to change completely. There are other trees in the neighborhood that change more rapidly, but this one is quite interesting to me for some reason. Do you have any idea what those berries might be? It doesn't appear to be holly, for sure! Anyway, I love the pictures and I'm happy you were able to snap them from your car! Good job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I need to get out and shoot some photos, I'm stir crazy! We're still mostly green, but just having the opportunity to get out would be nice, since I've exhausted all possibilities around my house... too many times to count.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures, from a moving car!!! I fully appreciate, that that isn't easy to do.

    They are berries... Almost looked like left-over apples, before I enlarged it. Hmmm, would they be poisonous, since the birds and squirrels have not eaten all of them, I wonder?

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific pictures from a moving car!!
    Oh yes, I take time to enjoy the beauty around me every day. It's one of the reasons I walk every morning. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Splendid Fall colors, and great shots, it's not the easiest job to take pictures whilst in a moving car :)
    The colors are just gorgeous.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! I miss the fall colors! You got some great photos. The leaves here just turn from green to brown and then fall off the trees. You live in a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete