Sunday, October 7, 2012

Another thought....

Today, I want to share with you a quote from a favorite children's author, Laura Ingalls Wilder.

    "As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand

          that it is the common, everyday blessings

                of our common everyday lives
    
                    for which we should be particularly grateful."

Let us take time today to think of those "common, everyday blessings."

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. I totally agree, Nellie. Thank you so much for this Sunday day brightener:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this lovely view.

    And advice to slow down... Pay attention to the here and now... Be more aware of what is good in our life, than what is messy... Slow down... I think that one needs to be said over and over.

    Me'thinks that the other wonderful suggestions, would be better implemented, if we would slow down more. :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Nellie!

    I hope you have a lovely peaceful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! There is much to be said for the everyday blessings, but so many people seem to think that unless something is spectacular, it isn't worth having. Love the simple life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, How true can one statement be...I agree. I know I am blessed. Smiles, xo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so true, Nellie. I take nothing for granted any more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a big believer that if you are not TRULY grateful for your blessings more blessings may not come.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete