Tuesday, October 23, 2012

More progress....

I have posted earlier about the new fire station that is being built in our neighborhood. 

An end view

From the back

It is easy to see from the pictures that this will be a very nice fire station!  We have a volunteer fire department, and I believe they will be happy with this facility.  The construction crew is working hard.  I'm not aware of the completion date they hope they will make.

There are several things going on here this week.  I am trying to decide on a chili recipe for a chili cook-off, as well as a dessert to make to enter into the dessert contest.  Then, there is the UMW training that I will be doing on the week-end.  I must see that I have everything in order for that.  The Husband likes to say that we should take time to smell the roses.:-)  The buds on the Knock Out Rose (that was pictured in the previous post) have burst into bloom, so it will be easy to take time for that.:-)

So - you can see that there are several possibilities for the blog in the next several days.  I hope you will return.

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. i have a very good chili recipe on my sidebar if you want to use it. what a nice fire station!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I agree with your husband. Save time to stop and smell the roses. Especially a busy, busy lady like yourself. :-)

    Great progress on your town's Fire House.

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHILI! Oh how I love that stuff. Only chili I ever had that I didn't care for was called Cinncinati chili. That's not even chili. That's a stew to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very nice-looking building, and I'm sure your firefighters will appreciate their new facility! We also have a volunteer fire department in our community, and they have won awards for their efficiency in putting out fires that would have otherwise resulted in greater loss of property or loss of life. People just don't often realize how hard those volunteers work!! As for chili, I'm sure you will come up with a great recipe, and your desserts are always winners to me!

    Some of my friends who travel have mentioned Skyline Chili in parts of Ohio and Indiana, and they say that it is the very best they have ever had. Well, I don't know about that, as I've never had it, but I do love a good bowl of chili on these cooler days. I'll look forward to whatever you choose to share with us! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love chili and I am always open for desserts.

    Have a great day Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about that Skyline Chili mentioned in the comment and it sounds delicious. Good luck with your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love my chili recipe. Very easy to make. If you'd like to check out my recipe I've put it on my on line cookbook. Let me know and I'll give you the link.

    We are watching as an new fire house is being built in our area too!

    ReplyDelete