Friday, October 26, 2012

More from the week-end....

Happy Friday to everyone!  Are you glad the week-end is practically here?  I'm still thinking about the LAST week-end.:-) 

I mentioned in an earlier post that I had, on two occasions, left the camera behind when we were heading toward Emory and Henry for various Homecoming activities.  I finally remembered it on the third trip, and I took these pictures.

The entrance.

This is on one side of the entrance.  A matching wall is on the other side.

On the lamp post.

This flag alternates with a flag showing the college seal on the row of lamp posts on campus.

Autumn colors.

More colors.

The colors were lovely, making it a perfect week-end to see fall leaves.  In the last picture above, the chapel is on the right, the administration building visible a distance away in the center of the picture, and the library is on the left.  In the top picture, the building to the right is the science building.

We chose a different route to return home from this trip.  The scenery was really beautiful, and I tried to take some pictures to show you what it was like.  I fear the pictures will not do it justice.





I think it is easy to see that we are surrounded by hilly terrain.:-)

One of the week's developments has to do with one of my most "graceful acts."  I turned my right foot on Wednesday morning as I was heading out to retrieve the newspaper, a trip I make daily.  The pain is improved, though it has some swelling and discoloration.  The Husband has been a very good care giver. 

We helped with a special event that helps fund the camp that is supported by our United Methodist Church Conference.  What did we do?  That will be the focus of the NEXT post!  I hope you will return.

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.

5 comments:

  1. Get better Nellie. Nice of your hubby to care for you. Some times mine is good about caring too. :):) Enjoy this autumn..it's going fast. Smiles, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been blessed with some of the most beautiful landscapes anywhere! As you know, our son is in NM, and I can assure you that their fall has very little color! Oh, they have a few of what they call "mountains," but around here, those would just be little hills! I hope your ankle is continuing to improve, and that you will give it lots of rest, doing what you must do from a sitting position instead of standing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you hurt your foot Nellie. I am glad that your husband is a good care-giver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great views in the photos!

    Keep that foot up and get it better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos but oh no!! You turned your ankle! Oh sigh, that is very easy to do. -sighhhhh-

    Hope you are keeping it up and ice covered and all those things.

    Gentle hugs,
    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete