Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Something cute....

On the week-end, we stopped off to visit with Munchomom, Machoman, and the Munchkins.  We made it in time to attend church where Machoman is minister. 

There was a silent auction to raise funds for an individual mission trip to Africa.  The items in the auction were decorated gourds, or gourd-type creations. 

See what's inside!

Bright and colorful!

The theme followed the story of Jonah and the Whale.  This whale was done by a teenager, and her mother carved the tiny pumpkin inside to represent Jonah.  I bid on this one and was able to bring it with me.  The picture was taken at Munchomom's house, and that is where I left it so it can be enjoyed by them.:-)  I was most impressed by the carving of the tiny pumpkin! 

The next post will focus on some "time to smell the roses.":-)

Thank you for reading.  i really appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. The whale is so cute! It was nice of you to leave it for Munchomom and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very talented folks who created that masterpiece! I'm sure the Munchkins are having many giggles with it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh-so-cute! I can see how you just *had* to put in the winning bid, on this one. Sooooooo cute!

    And I'm sure the little ones will enjoy it. :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these gourds, which I never would have guessed were gourds! Such creative folks. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Painted gourds are among my favorite things...yours made me smile :)
    Well done teenager !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had been there to participate.

    By the way, I tore out that coupon from Mayfields and took it to Kroger where I went for some other things. Mayfield's was not too far off $4.00 fir the half gallon. Kriger brand was like $1.99 so I laid the Mayfield's coupon up there in the rack for someone else to use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got to spend some time with your kids/grands... I always enjoy doing that --but it doesn't happen too often these days.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice and bright and should be great for some smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh..I love that gourd....and of course the little pumpkin inside is the best part...smile...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely darling. How artistic. How nice that you are sharing it with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that is adorable. : ) That was so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nice to spend time with family, and what a cool idea with the gourd. im sure your family is enjoying it. enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete