Saturday, May 4, 2013

A dining experience....

On Thursday, The Husband and I went with a group from our church to the University Faculty Club for lunch.  The Culinary Departments of the University and the Community College had joined forces to prepare a meal with an Italian and Spanish theme.

Menu displayed at each place.

Of course, orange was the color of the napkins!:-)

Already on the table when we arrived.
I have always been a fan of this!

I am sorry to say that I neglected to remember to take a picture of the next course - the pizza with arugula salad.:-(

The entree.....


Very tasty!  And - the bread was on the table.

   
The bread.
Of course, no meal is complete without dessert!

Delicious!  
This was the last meal in the series for this semester.  School is winding down around here.

We were favorably impressed, and hope to participate again in the future!

The week-end is here!  I hope you have some good plans!  I'll let you know all about the week-end here in a future post.  We are expecting rain, though.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. delicious! i love a good panna cotta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely meal, beautifully presented as well, have a great weekend, even if it rains, ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nellie, two of my most favorite cuisines!! Love bruschetta, arugula, pizza, and panna cotta!! So glad you enjoyed it. And the color orange! Such passion!! lol xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I love bread, but some of those toppings..not for me. Just happy that you and your sweety had a nice dinner with friends. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I always love to see that Tennessee orange! The menu looks delicious, as do the dishes you pictured to whet our appetites, but I could not see what the dessert was. All I know is that it was obviously NOT chocolate, but it looks creamy and delicious! Hope your day won't be a total washout; our rain just started here about half an hour ago, and it's not heavy at all ... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Food sounds and looks delicious and is making me hungry. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Note to self... don't look at blogs with photos of food when you're hungry! *tummy growl

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks wonderful Nellie. Beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I certainly agree with Beth...absolutely a beautiful presentation and I know it was delicious. Oh my goodness what a lovely evening you had.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. I suppose you waddled happily all the way home. After a lunch like that, I would have had to take a nap. Looks wonderful. Our weekend has been inside, so far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm, looks delicious! Love the pics of your garden, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It all looks so good. I bet it was a very nice place to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks delicious. What a yummy time you must have had. Wishes for a sunny week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful meal. I hope you had a great weekend, despite the rain.

    ReplyDelete