Thursday, May 30, 2013

Catching up....

Yes, it has been a little busy here, and I have a few pictures I haven't shared.

The lilies began blooming over a week ago, and they are still looking very nice.

More lilies!
The Husband bought these at a great bargain at the end of the season a couple of years ago, and they have surprised us both!

Slow to bloom.
The pink azalea has always been later to bloom.  The bushes are just now filling with blossoms.

I want to mention our daughter's blog.  If you have a chance, go check out cafecarol.com to read about her experience auditioning for the cooking show that premiered on CBS on Wednesday night.  She has some really good pictures! 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. i always buy things at the end of the season. they are always such a surprise the next spring! i will check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such a great job with the flowers in your yard! I was amazed by how long the knock-out rose lasted last year! Congrats on having such a green thumb--or if it's The Husband's thumb, I congratulate him! That first show last night was quite interesting, but it made me hungry! HA!! Have a great day, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos.

    Congratulations to your daughter, for having auditioned! Cool...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lilies are gorgeous.
    We had a battle here with the red lilli beetle for several years. They would consume the whole lillies. I've been forever picking and destroying them and this year I only saw a few so maybe I gave them the scare. I hope that mine bloom too later on.

    Congratulation to your daughter. I'll go and check her blog.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, Your flowers look as good as your food you cook. You are on the ball.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, Your flowers look as good as your food you cook. You are on the ball.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what Susie said just before me. I agree with her wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very fond of pink blooms, of all shades and varieties. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your flowers, Nellie. I signed up for your daughter's blog, too. She did a great job with it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that bargain lily. What a neat looking flower.
    I will go check out your daughters blog.
    Our azaleas bloom in February:) Isn't that interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous lilies... We have one group blooming (Lollypop) --with more to come. The sad thing for us is that the deer visited a couple of weeks ago and ate several buds from our lily blooms.... Hopefully, we still have quite a few to share...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to check out your daughter's blog. Your blooms are gorgeous. Our azaleas didn't come back after our long winter. Boo.

    ReplyDelete