Friday, May 3, 2013

From childhood....

No, not from MY childhood, but from the time our children were younger.  We didn't watch a lot of television in those days, but there was a favorite show on Sundays on PBS.  It was "All Creatures Great and Small," a program taken from the series of books written by James Herriott about his experiences as a vet in Yorkshire in the English countryside.

We were familiar with the books he had written and had some of them on our shelves at that point.  It was a few years later that I became aware of these wonderful books for children.




These are only two of the books I have.  I will be sharing more of them in the future.

We had an exceptional dining experience at midday today.  That will be the focus of my next post.

Thank you for reading.   I really appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

  1. Those look like wonderful children's books Nellie! I don't have any of the books that I had for my children when they were small. They were used so much they were in tatters.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful books. I will have to google the illustrator. Hope you are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen these. Thank you for introducing me, to them.

    Whoo-hooo! You are to have an exceptional dining experience at midday today. Hope you take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those books! Have a wonderful Friday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your children's books Nellie. I wish my girls were small so I could read them.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. James Herriot has always been a favorite. We watched that series too and I have read the books so many times that I can almost quote them.
    Just love the books so much. So glad you shared about them today. I can wait to hear about your dining experience.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have these two books. I bought them for me. : ) I love James Herriot books.
    I think I have all of them. I also have the DVD's of the show too. : ) I can watch them over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have quite the book collection, Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that series on PBS. We are heading to the library tomorrow. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I still had some books from my childhood. Memories :)

    ReplyDelete