Monday, May 13, 2013

The week-end....

Here it is Monday already!  We have another week before us!  Did your week-end seem to pass quickly?  We certainly managed to fill ours!

We made a quick visit to Munchomom and family.  When we arrived on Saturday, this was waiting for us.

Fresh strawberries from an area farm.

Oreo Bon-bons, made with help by the Munchkins.

That devil's food cake with seven-minute frosting that Munchomom featured on her blog last week.

We were also happy to greet Spike!

The bearded dragon lizard that is Boy Munchkin's pet.  He closed his eyes when I took the picture.:-)

On Sunday morning, I was surprised by this.

Have you written your story?  


The youth of the church where Machoman is the minister recognized the mothers who were attending worship.  This is what I was presented for traveling to visit my child.

Ready to plant in the outside planter.

We also came home with this.

A print of the original art created by Little Munchkin!

We had a really good time!  Machoman and The Husband made sure Munchomom and I stayed out of the kitchen.  It is always very entertaining to see the men working on our meals.:-)

We have lots of sunshine here this morning, and a nice cool temperature.  No rain in the forecast for today! 

I send along wishes for a good Monday to you!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely weekend!!!!!!!!

    Oh my, I just fell in love with a doggie, in another blog entry.

    Now I am in love with your 'Grand's' bearded dragon lizard!!! What is his name???? How is he kept? What does he eat? Etc.?????

    Oh so, so, so cute. Please tell your 'Grand' that "Auntie" is in love with his pet! :-)

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds wonderful Nellie. I am so glad you had such a great Mother's Day. The strawberries look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great visit, beautiful art too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful way to spend a weekend!! I'm sure that meal that the men prepared was delightful, too, and you and Munchomom should have enjoyed a much-deserved day off! Auntie can have the bearded dragon---I'll take that sweet kitty cat! :-) Those strawberries are mouth-watering, as is the chocolate cake! I did copy her recipe, and might just have to try it soon.... Have a great afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a grand weekend Nellie, all that fun and activity !
    The strawberries look delicious, there's not many ready to pick around our parts, due to cold and wet weather.
    I'm smiling at the artwork of the cat....precious !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, my butt's getting bigger just looking at those photos of the sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness. You really do have the best treats. Looks like a wonderful Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a great visit with family, Nellie. AND---obviously, you had a very happy Mother's Day.

    Cold here this morning--but luckily, no frost.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete