Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Last week....

I wish a good Tuesday to you!  How is your week going thus far?

Last week I went to tour the Symphony Show House in our town.  It was open for touring for a couple of weeks, with admission charged to benefit the Symphony.

The house is not a small one - over 10,000 square feet on three levels!  I took some pictures of areas that were of interest to me.

A table setting in the dining room....

....and the chandelier over the table.

There was some attractive decor....

...beautiful botanical prints.

Gorgeous fireplace!  

Powder Room decor.



Of course, I would take three pictures of the kitchen on the main level!:-) 

The lower level featured these rooms.

Kitchen

Video room

Did someone mention a slumber party?



I was quite taken by a bedroom on the upper level.

Fancy French Poodle!

Do you see the slippers on the floor?  We gave City Girl the very same slippers for her birthday in April!

Pink and black

The room followed a French theme, with Eiffel Tower images used throughout! 

There was, of course, much more to the house.  The different decorators really did a wonderful job with the decorating.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. What a magnificent house! Did you know that pink and black were Elvis Presley's favorite colors? I think he even had a Cadillac in that color combination for a while. I also recall that, at one time, you had a dress that was black with pink polka dots---do you remember that one? I believe it was given to you by a cousin of ours.

    I have never visited any of the Symphony Show Houses, but the pictures I have seen indicate that all the decorators always go out of their way to make us drool! Oh, I'm sure City Girl is enjoying her slippers, too! Have a wonderful day, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Nellie. That was a fabulous house to visit. Do they sell items there, too? Nice idea for a fundraiser, I would think.

    Thanks so much for all your visits and comments on my blog. So nice of you. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh house tour!

    Done by diff decorators... Diff decorators for each room...

    So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful house it is. The pink and black is stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd take that kitchen, in a heartbeat! (either of them)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're such a great photographer. Thank you for sharing these pictures, Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is some house. What a great kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a house! I would love to have that kitchen on the main floor. I might cook more if I had a kitchen like that :). Those bunk beds are cool. I saw a picture of that same thing recently on Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  10. The kitchen! I make every effort not to covet, but it's a struggle looking at the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a house and that pink and black bedroom is over the top.

    ReplyDelete