Sunday, May 5, 2013

Thoughts for Sunday....

I posted earlier about our time at Lake Junaluska last week-end, but I haven't shared some of the pictures that I took with you.

Looking across the lake.

I always find it peaceful to be able to sit on the deck and look across the water.

A reminder of past times.

Chief Junaluska
As listed in the United Methodist Women Prayer Calendar for 2013, the Mission Focus for today is UMCOR Sager Brown in Baldwin, Louisiana.  (UMCOR stands for United Methodist Committee on Relief.)

On this Sixth Sunday of Easter, I send hopes for a Sunday of blessings for you.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Those are really great photos Nellie!
    I love to look at the Illinois River too. Except when it is in flood stage. I hope this is a good day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Water is so calming........

    But then, we are pretty full of the stuff, ourselves. :-)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all very pretty. You go to such nice places.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! Wish I was looking out over a calm, peaceful lake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these photos, Nellie. You know, our mother enjoyed pictures of the water, too, and I think it always gives us a calm spirit, unless the water is choppy. You may remember that my favorite Scripture is from Mark 4:35-41, where Jesus calmed the storm for His disciples. I have noticed, as an adult, that He sometimes calms our storms, but at other times He calms US so we can endure the storms. Peace to you today and always, dear Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I agree. There is something so calming about water.

    ReplyDelete