Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Another month....

Wow!  This year seems to be flying by!  Here we are at the beginning of another month!  Is there something special you want to accomplish in this month?  Sometimes, if we set some kind of goal for the month, we come to the beginning of another one feeling a good sense of accomplishment.  I know there is much to be done around here that I could identify as my own goal for the month.  I will be working on this and let you know my progress.

Earlier on the blog, I have shared that I sing with a Women's Chorus.  We have already had two performances, and another is scheduled for next week.  We were well-received at the first one, with dinner provided, plus a special love offering taken for us.  This performance was for a Primetimer's group at a church not too far away.
In every window.

These grapevine wreaths hung in every window in the sanctuary.  The wreaths are the result of the efforts of a church member, and the trimming varies depending on the season.

Banner in the sanctuary.

This was one of the banners that was hanging in the beautiful sanctuary.

The theme for our program this season is based on songs dealing with dreams - "Deep Purple," "I Had A Dream," "Dream a Little Dream of Me," and others.  It has been fun to learn them.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. I wih I could sing. As I have gotten older my voice tends to lack its former abilities. Sometimes I miss being able to do so.

    Love the wreaths. I would like to be clever and make those as I am always spending money to buy them. Only the realistic ones will do. I bought another while in Charlotte over the weekend. Daisies. To replace a dogwood one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be there to hear you sing, what a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh what beautiful wreaths she makes!!!!

    Happy May!

    "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wreath. I'm sure your choir is so lovely. What a wonderful way to share your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are blessed to have a voice that has retained its loveliness over the years! My own voice has reached the point where, instead of the alto I always enjoyed, I could sing with the tenor section of our church choir and find no difficulty reaching the notes these days! I have heard your wonderful choir, and the sound is really good! Your director is one talented and patient lady, for sure!!

    Love the wreath, and I'm sure the lady who makes them gets great joy from her accomplishment as she blesses others with her skills! Have a marvelous May! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are enjoying this time singing. Sounds like a fun thing to do and a great chance to meet some wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie, You aren't kidding about how fast this year is going by...since I retired my life has grown wings. I love the song"I had a dream" Wishing you well. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe it's May already! I think my goal would be to have my son more self-sufficient. Unfortunately, it would have to be his goal as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat that you sing in a group like this... I'm sure you enjoy it!!!! It's not only fun --but it's a great ministry to others..

    Beautiful banner.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice, I bet you have fun singing like that. My husband used to travel and sing and it was always such a fun thing to do.
    Yep, May is upon us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dreams, what an interesting theme, Nellie. Congratulations on your singing. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to hear your concert. Anything posted on Youtube? I'm taken with the grape vine wreaths. I think I need one for my bedroom. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Singing brings such joy to those who give and those who receive!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete