Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Last week....

The new week has begun.  There are a few events written on the calendar, but it doesn't appear this week will be like LAST week!:-)

These began to bloom....   
....so some of them found their way into the house!:-)

The Women's Chorus, of which I am a member, presented our current program at an assisted living facility.

This is the theme of our current program....

....and these are the songs we sing.

The Husband and I met my sister and brother-in-law for a delayed birthday (mine and The Husband's) celebration lunch.   Check out this fantastic gift from her!

Isn't it great?

Thursday was the day for the area Retired Teachers Association, and I attended.  These were being given away, and I was thrilled to come home with one.

I will share this in greater depth another time.

You may have a similar book from the state where you live.

With all the rain we've been having, these mushrooms began growing in our yard!

We eased into another nice, cool week-end.  The Husband says it was "Honeysuckle Winter."

Here they are!

The honeysuckles are certainly in full bloom!  However, we also still have blooms on the wild blackberries as well as the thornless.  There might have still been a bit of "Blackberry Winter" lingering.:-)

Wild!

Thornless.  
In addition to what has been mentioned, we also attended a dinner at church honoring Primetimers.  I made that first shopping trip to the new Publix which I had mentioned in the blog a few months ago, and The Husband played in a golf tournament.

I decided to begin the week taking advantage of a beautiful day and a comfortable breeze. 

Fresh lemonade!

It was definitely time for a nice, cold glass of fresh lemonade on the patio!  Won't you join me?

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Nellie! A glass of lemonade sounds wonderful, and your peonies are beautiful, nice and full and I bet they smell great. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were super busy! They say our blackberry winter just finished with the blooms gone now, won't be long until everyone is out picking them.
    I hope you can slow down a little this week and sit on the patio with that lemonade more often!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bag is wonderful! my blackberries are just about to bloom. this will be the first year for berries for me. i hope anyway! the peonies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely photos today. It all looks like it was a very nice week. I love your blooms. They are so pretty. It looks like every thing is just going crazy with all of the rain you have had. I just love all of the green. Have a nice week, Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to hear you ladies sing! That program looks most delightful, with some arrangements by your talented director, and I'm sure everyone is enjoying those performances. The times I have heard you before have been quite wonderful, and I'm sure this season is no exception. I love those beautiful peonies, too, and hope they will continue to bloom for several more days for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, Good to get some of peonies inside...the rain beats them down. You got some lovely gifts. Looks like you got to sit outside for a while, that's good. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and fun times. Complete with photos!

    Never heard of "Honeysuckle Winter." Guess it means, cool weather but still blooming.

    "Auntie is in a teaching mood today." :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to sit and drink a glass of lemonade with you and enjoy the beauty of your yard!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful flowers, beautiful photos, beautiful yard and great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your peonies are gorgeous. We're a few weeks off from blooms. I'd definitely join you for a glass of lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes please, I'd love to have some fresh lemonade with you. : )
    Oh my those peonies are so pretty.
    Happy Birthday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie, it looks like you have been busy. Happy belated birthday.

    I love to bring some peonies in the house also. They smell so nice , I only wish that they lasted twice as long.

    The bag is a great gift idea and the book also. It's nice to be on the receiving end.
    We've had so much rain here too, the water levels are way up. I feel sorry for those who are suffering from drought conditions now.

    A cool glass of lemonade sound like a nice way to wind down.
    Have a great week.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to have a glass of lemonade with you Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Belated Birthday- It looks like you have been one busy lady. I love the bright tote/purse that you got! I hope you have a great week- I will catch up more later- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. A happy belated birthday to you and your husband, Nellie! Your birhtday gift is wonderful and congratulations about being in the the Blue Book!


    Your peonies are such a beautiful shade of pink.

    Thank you for your kind words about my cat, Bo. I miss him so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I wish our peonies were in bloom here, it seems they are late this year! And I so love them.

    Happy "late" birthday to you and your hubby! I love the bag you received!

    Hope you're having a blessed day!

    Gert

    ReplyDelete