Monday, June 14, 2021

Another project....

 Happy Flag Day, Blogger friends! 


It was good to enjoy my cup of hot coffee earlier today.  The predicted high temperature will call for something that is icy cold later.

It seems appropriate to share this new project with you on Flag Day.  


This jigsaw puzzle was a gift from Mucho Mom and family.  One of my very favorite places to visit is Martha’s Vineyard, and it was fun to work this puzzle with that theme.  If you look closely, you may be able to see a flag or two.


This was also a gift from a dear friend.  It is a Charles Wysocki design, the first of his that I have ever worked.  This was almost addictive, and I could hardly wait to have it completed!  It may be possible to spot a flag in this one, too.

There are several completed puzzles that have been framed.  Perhaps that’s a subject for a future post.  

Be safe!  Stay cool!

9 comments:

  1. I also love Martha's Vineyard and Charles Wysocki's artwork, Nellie!

    Yes, my husband and I had a wonderful time taking Carol to lunch and one of my favorite Colorado museums on the other side of the mountain pass. I do think the high elevation was making her tired though. It is hard to go from 0 elevation in NYC to 10,000 ft elevation in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puzzles are beautiful. I'm not good at figuring out puzzles.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the puzzles. As you probably know we are always doing puzzles here at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Sister, you've certainly got me beat at those puzzles! I don't think I even have enough space to put one together. Good for you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your puzzles. I, too, have a Charles Wysocki one, I love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nellie - LOVE your mug! Enjoy your coffee and puzzles. We have a game room in our building and there is always a puzzle going...people stop and do a bit, then move on. Your puzzles are beautiful!!! Do you use something to preserve them when you are finished? Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie, how wonderful that you like to put puzzles together. I also enjoy doing them, but haven't in a very long time. I love your cup, and it will be just right for the 4th of July coming up. Many of my blog friends say that they are having hot days lately. It's supposed to be pretty warm up here in the mountains, but cool off next week. Try to stay cool, Nellie, and enjoy these Summer days.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nellie!
    It's been a long time since I was in touch. Much has happened to change my life over the past few years. Things are going quite well now. I enjoyed reading this post. I especially liked the Charles Wysockie puzzle. Great idea to frame them.
    Take care Nellie and I will pop in again.
    Betty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Nellie, thanks for the birthday wishes for Nel. Happy July days to you. May they bring you so much goodness. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete