How is your mood today? Are you welcoming a weekend? Do you have something different planned?Are you feeling a bit “low,” perhaps? What do you do to lift yourself out of a low mood?
Thinking about this list of things I love has turned my focus on pleasant memories. That may help us rise above the “blues.”
1) I love “The Sound of Music!” I must have seen the movie dozens of times! I love the music, and Julie Andrews is a favorite! No picture for this one, though.
2) I love “brown paper packages tied up with string!”
Doesn’t this just spread a festive mood?!?
3) I love Mount Airy, North Carolina! The Husband and I visited there in 2018 and have a return trip on our list!
Sobota Manor was an amazing Bed and Breakfast! If you were a fan of Andy Griffith’s television show, you will love visiting Mt. Airy!
4) I love to shop in antique stores!
This elegant chocolate set did not come home with me, however!
5) I love that I’ve been able to be a Kids Hope, USA mentor! Kids Hope is a mentoring program that has been sponsored in the local elementary school by a church in the community for more than ten years! The spring usually includes a group activity; unfortunately, it had to be cancelled this year due to the virus. The following pictures are from the previous year.
The Kids Hope children have a great time with the games, food (pizza, cookie, ice cream), and a photo booth! This school year begins with an added awareness regarding the virus, and mentors will not be going into the school for sometime into the future. What a difficult time for all of us, particularly the children!
How are you keeping your spirits from sagging? Are you able to focus on the good that surrounds you? Are you able to keep in touch with friends? While you may not be able to be with them face-to-face, a text, an e-mail, a card in “snail mail,” or a telephone call are all good ways to stay connected.
Take care of yourself! Be safe! Stay well!