We continue to be in the midst of very serious times. COVID-19 is still very much with us! No cure has been discovered! It is not on the way out! Yesterday, the United States hit a record number of reported cases, highest since a few months ago. We have not “rounded the corner!” In our local county, deaths are barely short of 100, and the hospitalization count is not far from 70!
The Husband and I continue to follow strict guidelines. We wear masks when we are out for curbside pickup, although we have no need to be out of the car and in public. We haven’t been with any groups, either small or large, since March 12. Even when our family visited in early July, we wore masks and followed social distancing guidelines. We continue to place orders for groceries and other items via Instacart, and we continue to wipe down our purchases. This is definitely a stressful and anxious time!
We make an effort to find that which brings joy to our days through this time of self-isolation, and I keep a journal - of sorts - daily to detail our activities and current feelings. This Friday post is an effort to keep those things which bring us joy in the forefront of our minds as we finish up this week.
(1) This week, we were happy to be able to have one of our cars serviced - safely! There was definitely ample disinfecting spray applied to the interior of the car when we went to pick it up, and minimal time spent - wearing masks, of course - to take care of any needed transactions.
(2) The unexpected arrival of this package brought joy....
Handmade by a friend in New Jersey, this seasonal mask will add a real designer touch when out and about, although we will stay in the car!
(3) It is always a pleasure to receive greetings of the season....
These from friends in Pennsylvania and North Carolina brought a smile to my face!
(4) I nearly always have my coffee black; however, when this appeared on the Aldi order screen for the Instacart shopper, I knew I had to try for this treat!
It isn’t October without Pumpkin Spice, is it? This has a really good flavor!
(5) Another surprise arrived through the mail, and it will receive daily use!
A great way to begin the day is with a focus on that which is greater than we are! It has been a real help to keep our eyes on our faith, and this gift from a friend in Pennsylvania will assist us in that!
(6) Adding an extra one today....having to do with baseball! We have enjoyed watching the World Series this week, though I will confess that it stays on later than we are accustomed to staying awake; therefore, we don’t know the final score until the next morning. With the series tied at 1 and 1, we hope to be watching some baseball again this weekend!
May you find that which brings you joy in the days ahead! Be safe, and stay well!