I’ll begin this post by mentioning that today is Munchkin #2’s birthday! We won’t be there to help her celebrate, though we did call to sing “Happy Birthday” to her. Do you remember when you were 14?
1) I love holidays! Of course, Christmas seems to be at the top of everyone’s list, although I love any of them!
2) I love being part of the United Methodist Women!
The top two pictures are from the UMW Assembly held in Columbus, Ohio in 2018. The third one is from our own Conference UMW Annual Meeting/Training honoring the 150 years of the UMW in 2019.
3) I love a cozy reading corner!
It’s probably a good idea that the reading corner not be too comfy, or some spur-of-the moment napping might occur.
4) I love breakfast! I especially enjoy being able to assemble something tasty the night before for baking the next morning. The picture below is one that has appeared on the blog at some point in the past. It’s not one of those “do-ahead” marvels, though it includes lots of tasty ingredients!
This requires several steps....10 minutes to prebake the bacon; take off the pan and set aside; frozen hash browns in the pan next; bake 20 minutes; sprinkle with grated cheese; use spoon to indent space for the eggs; arrange bacon on top; bake 10 more minutes, or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness. Oh, the bacon slices are halved first before initially placing them on the pan for baking at 350 degrees.
5) I love Massachusetts! Granted, I’ve never been there in the cold of winter with deep snow, though I don’t think I’d even mind that as long as I was somewhere to keep warm and didn’t have to venture out in snowy conditions. This time last year, we were returning from a family trip to Cape Cod in honor of our 50th wedding anniversary.
We stayed on Cape Cod, and on a visit to Titcomb’s Bookshop, we were surprised to see they were celebrating 50 years, too!
How have you been the past several days? Are you staying safe and well? A mask is a necessary accessory when going out anywhere. Is there a mask mandate where you are?
Have a pleasant evening!