Friday, October 22, 2021

Friday’s finds….

 There are a few of you who are reading this who have known me for many years.  You know that there was a period of time in which I baked a lot of bread.  It has been a number of years since I have done much bread baking.  New motivation came when I learned of @thefoodnanny and watched one of her demonstrations.

The flour used is Kamut flour.  It is lower in gluten, which made it of special interest to me since some of us have markers for celiac disease.  I ordered the flour, plus a couple of other items, to give the bread a try.


The special implement is a dough hook, and it really works in an extraordinary fashion!  The smaller item is a measuring spoon that has 1/4, 1/2, and 1 teaspoon, plus 1 Tablespoon measurements all in one!

This is after the second addition of flour, just before shaping the loaves…


This is the bread dough shaped and in the pans….


….and here it is just out of the oven!


Check out @thefoodnanny.com if you are interested in the Kamut flour.  I am not able to find it on the shelf anywhere I go for my grocery shopping, though I’m sure there are probably other sources. 

The weekend is imminent!  I hope you have some special plans for your enjoyment!  Baseball is still underway, and college football is of interest to many.  

Take care, and be safe and well!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for homemade bread. I've never used Kamut flour but I bet it taste great. W have a bulk food store uptown that sells a wide variety of flour. Have you tried at a bulk food store near you?
    Let us know how it taste.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful rise on your lovely loaves, Nellie! Gorgeous rich color as well surely made for a tasty bread. I used to make bread all the time. It's really a satisfying endeavor. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, Sister! You know how I love homemade bread right out of the oven, slathered in butter! These loaves look wonderful - congratulations! Around here, we're hoping our Vols can pull off a miracle win over Alabama Saturday. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm I love homemade bread. Your looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks delicious. I've taken to spelt flour, which agrees with me, supposedly lower in gluten but proves much faster than regular flour. I've seen those Danish whisks, and to be honest I tried a fork and it works just as well, at least compared to the YouTube clips I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did the bread taste? Delicious, I bet. How does the dough hook work?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do remember that you baked a lot of bread. This looks amazing. I have seen those dough hooks and wondered how they worked. I can almost smell that bread from here. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow....I can almost smell that fresh baked bread! Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete