Monday, December 4, 2023

The baking continues….

 How about you?  Have you been baking for the holidays?  This was the view here on Saturday….


Tried a new recipe for Red Velvet cake, and this one made three layers!  Here they are cooling before being assembled….


Here is the finished cake.  Its destination was my Circle lunch on Sunday following our church service.  Guests were invited, and The Husband was able to go along with me.


I think it’s safe to say that it was well-received.  This is what came home with us, and I was happy to be able to share it with a neighbor!  

Be sure you are taking time to enjoy the beauty of the season!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake, Nellie! I'm sure your friends and neighbor loved it. Have a happy afternoon, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! I want a piece. :) It looks delicious!!!!!
    Yes, I've been doing my share of baking too. I enjoy baking a lot more than cooking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like a good red velvet cake. And yours, Nellie, looks scrumptious. I want to dive right in and have a slice. No baking going on here just yet, but we dream.

    In the meantime, I am working on getting my cards and letters written. With cards, envelopes, stamps, and stickers set out on the dining room table, my card writing station is ready and waiting. My cousin's partner once mentioned that she loved getting my cards at Christmas, as she always anticipated reading my notes which she said she loved. I was tickled - it spurs me on to dream up something lovely for this year's cards. Wishing you a beautiful day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me, too! I want a piece - looks delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nellie, your cake looks fantastic. Red velvet is so yummy, and I just had some red velvet cookies from the store. There's nothing like homemade though. And look at that frosting! I've made sugar cookies this season so far. Gotta have sugar cookies in my house at Christmastime. ; ) Wow, three layers too.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete