Monday, November 24, 2014

Staying on task....

That is a school teacher expression that is in order for a week like this one.  


One of my favorite flavors of this season is the cranberry!  You've seen these:


Now they are being joined by these:


These are Betty Crocker's Impossibly Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies (front), and Pecan Pie Muffins from Home is Where the Heart Is.

Here is that Betty Crocker recipe.  
IMPOSSIBLY EASY MINI PUMPKIN PIES
1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup Bisquick mix
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.  Spray 12 regular-size muffiin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, stir all ingredients until blended.  Pour scant 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup. 
- Bake about 30 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and edges are starting to pull away from sides of pan.  Cool 10 minutes.  With thin knife, loosen sides of pies from pan; remove from pan and place top sides up on cooling rack.  Cool 10 minutes longer, and serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.    

It will be helpful to have things already in a serving size.  That makes it much simpler.  They will be served on a three-tier serving tray, with Pumpkin Pie Almonds scattered about and a dish of whipped cream nearby.  If I remember, I will take a picture.:-)

Are you making preparations ahead of time?

10 comments:

  1. Sharing this great recipe with my FB friends, too! You know what my plans are, and they involve being in a different place, far, far away! I MUST get up from the computer and get moving! Have a terrific Tuesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. Mini pumpkin pies sound great

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, I like all those nice treats. You are so right about having them in serving sizes, ready to go. Once I even made dressing in cupcake pans, makes for lots of crispy edges...which I like. LOL. Blessings for a great day, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, those must be real hard to resist. You have a strong will. The mini pumpkin pies, the muffins and the cranberry squares all look so tasty. I make cranberry cookies for Christmas and they get tastier the next day and are a favorite of my family.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the scents of the season--the turkey roasting in the oven on Thursday. I prepare ahead of time by having everything I need on hand. I decided not to bake rolls this year, so I ordered some from a restaurant. Will pick them up tomorrow. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, Nellie. I'm making a pumpkin pie and butterscotch trifle. Yummy! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cranberries. In fact, Perkins restaurant has the most wonderful cranberry/orange muffins available now. I'm going to have to check the internet and see if I can find a recipe for them. Your muffins look delicious. Nothing like pumpkin pie either.

    ReplyDelete