Monday, December 14, 2015

One more time....

Well....for now, anyway.:-)

I know you thought I couldn't possibly have any more suggestions for using pumpkin.  Surprise!  Here is a simple one for you that is based on the popular dump cake.

DUMP CAKE
- Mix up your regular pumpkin pie custard.  Pour it into a sprayed oblong dish.
- Sprinkle your choice of cake mix - white, yellow - on top.  Sprinkle some chopped nuts over this, then drizzle 1 cup melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.  
- Let cool for awhile before serving.  Refrigerate leftovers.
A variation could use spice cake mix.  In that case, the usual spices that you add to that pumpkin pie recipe could be lessened to about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.


Pumpkin custard in the baking dish.


Drizzled with melted butter.  (Probably could have used a little more.):-)


Out of the oven, ready to serve at the potluck!


Leftovers to bring home!

Merry Magical Monday wishes to you!

8 comments:

  1. I love both pumpkin pie and dump cake and have not had either for a while so might just have to try this. I'll try freezing some too, I think, as I am the only one in the house who likes pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds marvelous! I just might have to try it soon! Have a good afternoon, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look good and easy.
    I bet you are well known for your baking.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be extra good with spice cake.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please turn off the picture verification on your blog so I can continue to comment. Instructions for turning it off are on my blog.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks yummy!!! Keep those recipes coming, lol.... I LOVE PUMPKIN...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am trying to see how this picture verification thing seems to work. Tried to change it on my Blogger page, but couldn't even see it mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I didn't have a picture verification directive! Not sure what is happening for some of you.

    ReplyDelete